NANAIMO, BC, May 16, 2016 /CNW/ - Amidst a shaky Canadian economy, weak loonie and low oil prices—British Columbia's stable and diversified economy continues to thrive. What's behind the province's success story?
Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist Glen Hodgson will join Vancouver Island's business leaders at The Conference Board of Canada's Western Business Outlook: Nanaimo to explore the answers to the following questions:
- Where is the B.C. resource sector heading?
- Will the Liquefied Natural Gas industry finally get started and what impact will it have in the short term?
- What are the impacts of tectonic shifts in the Asia-Pacific economy and the slowdown in the Chinese economy on British Columbia and Vancouver Island?
- Is the strength in the B.C. economy sustainable?
When: 8:00 AM–12:00 PM, May 19, 2016
Where: Coast Bastion Hotel, Nanaimo, British Columbia
Who: Speakers include:
- Glen Hodgson, Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
- Bruce M. Leslie, Executive Director, The Conference Board of Canada
- Adrian Legin, CEO, Coastal Community Credit Union
- Sohee Ahn, Executive Director, Trade Policy and Negotiations, Government of British Columbia
- Susan Mowbray, Senior Economist, MNP LLP
For the full schedule and times visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/16-0152/agenda.aspx
The Conference Board of Canada's Western Business Outlook: Nanaimo is made possible thanks to generous donations from our sponsors: MNP LLP and Coastal Community Credit Union as well as support from the Nanaimo Economic Development and the Vancouver Island Economic Alliance.
Media Accreditation is required.
Follow this event on Twitter with the hashtag #CBoCEconomics
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Sean Burgess, Media Relations, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 294, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Juline Ranger, Director of Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 431, E-mail: email@example.com