FREDERICTON, Oct. 19, 2015 /CNW/ - Farmers in New Brunswick are invited to turn in their obsolete or unwanted agricultural pesticides and livestock/equine medications from November 2 to the 13 for safe disposal.
Collection sites will be open on the days specified from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Photographers and reporters are welcome to visit the drop off locations:
- Halifax Seed Co. Inc., located at 664 Rothsay Avenue in Saint John
- McCain Produce, located at 1-8734 Main Street in Florenceville
- Appleman Farms, located at 16 Fox Road in Gagetown
- Hartland Agromart, located at 40 Industrial Drive in Hartland
- Cavendish Agri Services, located at 3030 Fredericton Road in Salisbury
- New Denmark Trucking, located at 194 Ch Drummond Station in Drummond
- Coop Home & Farm Supply, located at 317 St. Mary's Street in Fredericton
- Grand Falls Agromart, located at 38 Després Road in Saint-André
- Chaleur Fertilizers Ltd., located at 558, rue de l'Industrie in Petit-Rocher
- Sussex Coop, located at 25 Union Street in Sussex
- South Eastern Farmers Coop, located at 200 Collishaw Street in Moncton
CleanFARMS, a national, industry-led agricultural waste stewardship organization, has partnered with CropLife Canada and the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI) to deliver this program to New Brunswick farmers. The plant science and animal health industries are committed to safely and responsibly collecting and disposing of obsolete pesticides and livestock/equine medications at no cost to farmers.
For more information, visit www.cleanfarms.ca or call 1-877-622-4460.
SOURCE CleanFARMS Inc.
For further information: Erin O'Hara, Media Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-230-9881 x3223