OTTAWA, Oct. 27, 2017 /CNW/ - The election of Donald Trump demonstrated the power of social media, particularly Twitter, to determine the direction of debate, challenge traditional media, and motivate people to act. It also highlighted the growing threat of fake news.
Leaders from Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and the public sector will gather at The Conference Board of Canada's Public Sector Social Media 2017 conference to discuss the latest developments in this rapidly changing field and explore the broader societal implications of social media.
When: October 30-31, 2017
Where: Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Dr, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J2
Who: Speakers include:
- Kevin Chan, Head of Public Policy, Facebook and Instagram Canada
- Dr. Alec Couros, Associate Professor, Educational Technology & Media, Faculty of Education, University of Regina
- Jennifer Hollett, News Partnerships, Twitter Canada
- Dr. Satyamoorthy Kabilan, Director, National Security and Strategic Foresight, The Conference Board of Canada
- Andrea Lanthier-Seymour, Director, Public Information & Media Relations, City of Ottawa
- Jennifer Urbanski, Account Executive, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions
For the full schedule and times visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/pssm/default.aspx
Follow us on Twitter: @CBoC_Events | #CBoCSocial
Media Accreditation is required.
This conference is sponsored by The Canadian Public Relations Society, The Centre of Excellence for Public Sector Marketing, COTAPSA and Via Rail Canada.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: or media accreditation, contact: Natasha Jamieson, Communications Coordinator, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 307, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Yvonne Squires, Supervisor, Corporate Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 221, E-mail: email@example.com