TORONTO, Sept. 23, 2015 /CNW/ -
- Year four of unique program helping scientists become entrepreneurs
- Seven scientists awarded $50,000 each, mentorship, and training for a year to turn breakthroughs into businesses:
- A vehicle for people with Parkinson's
- Software that monitors brain function and predicts recovery
- An implantable chip that could halt seizures
- A portable device for on-site diagnosis of Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
- An app for stroke recovery
- A tool allowing people with brain injury to communicate with their healthcare team
- An augmented wheelchair for people living with dementia
Meet this year's winners: https://youtu.be/WyWIqe2OZGM
More about the program: http://www.braininstitute.ca/obi-entrepreneurs-program
Date: Friday, Sept. 25, 2015
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Place: MaRS Discovery District, Main Auditorium, 101 College Street, Toronto, ON
Awardees will be announced by John Clarkson, Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of the Ontario Brain Institute.
All awardees will be available for interviews following the announcement.
SOURCE Ontario Brain Institute
For further information: Interviews: Please contact Michelle Wilson, 647 525 7583; 647 872 1215, email@example.com