TORONTO, March 3, 2017 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) released its annual Corporate Responsibility Report and Public Accountability Statement today which complements CIBC's Annual Report to shareholders by disclosing CIBC's progress in client experience, responsible banking, engaging employees, and community investment - all supported by a commitment to strong governance and integrity.
Highlights of this year's report include:
- Over $1 billion in Responsible Investment funds held by CIBC Wealth Management, on behalf of our clients;
- CIBC is a signatory to the Equator Principles, a member of the Green Bond Principles, and has lent $1.6 billion towards financing renewable power projects in the last five years;
- $148 billion in debt financing lent to businesses; and
- More than $65 million invested in community organizations across Canada, including $44 million in corporate contributions and nearly $21 million in employee-led fundraising and giving.
CIBC is proud to be recognized for industry-best practices, including being named one of:
- The Top 10 Safest Banks in North America by Global Finance magazine;
- The Best 50 Corporate Citizens by Corporate Knights;
- Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures by Waterstone Human Capital;
- Canada's Top 100 Employers by Mediacorp; and
- The Best Diversity Employers by Mediacorp.
Any questions or feedback on our report can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CIBC is a leading Canadian-based global financial institution with 11 million personal banking and business clients. Through our three major business units - Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets - CIBC offers a full range of products and services through its comprehensive electronic banking network, branches and offices across Canada with offices in the United States and around the world. Ongoing news releases and more information about CIBC can be found at www.cibc.com/ca/media-centre/ or by following on Twitter @CIBC, Facebook (www.facebook.com/CIBC) and Instagram @CIBCNow.
SOURCE Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
For further information: Erica Belling, Investor and Financial Communications, 416-594-7251, email@example.com