The company introduces the Renault Twizy in Canada and deploys 8,000 electric charging points
MONTREAL, April 15, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - Over the next 18 months, AZRA will invest $40 million to install 2,000 new electric charging stations and deploy the Twizy, Renault's first 100% electric vehicle in Canada.
"At AZRA, we are change agents on a mission to reduce greenhouse gas emissions," said Jean-François Carrière, President and Chief Executive Officer of AZRA. "We are proud to be investing in transport electrification because it is the way of the future to reduce our environmental footprint."
"By using our electricity to power our transport we will improve our environment while increasing our economic prosperity," said Jacques Daoust, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification. "I therefore welcome the investments announced today by AZRA. The fact that Renault has chosen a Québec company to market its electric car in Canada speaks volumes about our leadership in this area."
- 8,000 new charging points
- Deployment in Canada of Renault Twizy 100% electric vehicles
- Certified by Transport Canada
- Available for lease at CAD $99/month (including registration and insurance)
- Present at the announcement
- Mr. Jacques Daoust, Minister of Transport, Sustainable Mobility and Transport Electrification
- Mr. Guillaume Berthier, Renault's Electric Vehicles Sales Director
- Ms Mélanie Carbonneau, Réseau AZRA Canada's President
- Mr. Luc Poirier, investor and AZRA's associate
- Mr. Jean-François Carrière, AZRA's President and CEO
To read the full press release, please visit twizycanada.com.
SOURCE AZRA Canada
For further information: or to request interviews: Caroline Julie Fortin, Tesla RP, 515 616-8655, email@example.com