Now available in Canada: new players, new pricing, free software updates
and fresh Zune Originals
TORONTO, Sept. 16 /CNW/ - Zune, Microsoft Corp.'s music and entertainment
player, again revolutionizes how customers discover and connect to the music
they love, where and how they want it. Available starting today, Zune Canada
is pleased to announce a suite of news for Canadian music lovers.
- Now available in stores are new Zune players and pricing
- Zune 120GB: available in a sleek all-black colour scheme (SRP
- Zune 80GB (1): available in black & red (SRP $229.99 CDN)
- Zune 16GB: available in a sleek all-black colour scheme (SRP
- Zune 8GB: now available in new blue along with black, pink & red
(SRP $149.99 CDN)
- Zune 4GB: available in black, pink & red (SRP $129.99 CDN)
- Free updates available at www.zune.ca for both new and existing Zune
- The Zune 3.0 software update. Anyone can download the Zune player
to their PC for free; the clean, intuitive interface features an
improved Now Playing view and even more powerful search
functionality, making it easier to manage all your digital music.
- Tag from FM radio. Never again forget the name of the song you
just heard; instantly tag songs you hear on FM radio stations
directly from your Zune device.
- Games on the go. Two free games - Hexic and Texas Hold 'Em - will
keep users entertained while on the go.
- Audiobooks. To start listening to a favourite book on a Zune,
users can visit Audible.com or sites powered by Overdrive to
download and sync available audiobooks.
- Fresh new Zune Originals at www.zuneoriginals.ca
- Online exclusive colours. In addition to the recently announced
120GB, 16GB and 8GB blue available at Canadian retailers, Zune
Originals, the online store designed to let consumers customize
their Zune player with laser-engraved art and personal text, now
also offers the Zune 16GB in blue, red, pink and green as an
- New artwork. Zune Originals is refreshing its collection of custom
artwork with 14 eye-catching new designs from artists like Rolito,
MWM (Matt W. Moore), Ippei Gyoubu, and Aya Kato, giving consumers
more options to personalize their Zune experience.
More Zune information and related images is available at www.zunenews.ca.
Zune is Microsoft's music and entertainment brand that provides an
integrated digital entertainment experience. The Zune platform includes a line
of portable digital media players, elegant software and the Zune Social online
music community, created to help people discover music. Zune is part of
Microsoft's Entertainment and Devices Division and supports the company's
software-based services vision to help drive innovation in the digital
entertainment space. More information can be found online at www.zunenews.ca.
About Microsoft Canada
Established in 1985, Microsoft Canada Co. is the Canadian subsidiary of
Microsoft Corporation (Nasdaq "MSFT") the worldwide leader in software,
services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full
potential. Visit Microsoft Canada's web site at www.microsoft.ca/.
(1) There are a limited number of 80GB Zune players remaining in the
For further information:
For further information: press only: Jessica Myers for Zune Canada,
(416) 644-2263, email@example.com; Coralie Olson for Zune Canada, (416)