John Tory doesn't do homework - again!
TORONTO, Sept. 3 /CNW/ - John Tory deserves a failing grade of "F" for
referring to the University of Ottawa as the "U of Zero."
John Tory deserves a failing grade for failing to recognize that some of
Canada's most prominent citizens are graduates of the University of Ottawa
- Dr. Wilbert Keon, Conservative Party senator
- Hon. Hugh Segal, Conservative Party Senator
- Norm Sterling, sitting PC MPP, 2007 provincial PC candidate, former
Ontario PC Cabinet Minister
- Rick Byers, Oakville 2007 provincial PC candidate
- Chris Savard, Stormont-Dundas-Glengarry 2007 provincial PC candidate
- Trina Morissette, Ottawa Centre 2007 provincial PC candidate
- Rahim Jaffer, Conservative Party MP
- Hon. Michel Bastarache, Supreme Court Justice
- François Boileau, first French Language Services Commissioner of
- William Elliott, Commissioner of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police
- Jocelyne Bourgon, former Clerk of the Privy Council of Canada
- Paul Tellier, former Clerk of the Privy Council of Canada
- Lisa Laflamme, CTV News National Correspondent
- Mary Lou Findlay, former host of CBC Radio's As It Happens
- Angela Hewitt, concert pianist
- Roch Voisine, Canadian music star
- Hon. Dalton McGuinty, Premier of Ontario
- Howard Hampton, leader of the Ontario New Democratic Party
- Alex Trebek, host, Jeopardy!
The question for John Tory now is: Will he now apologize for his comment
which insults the University of Ottawa and all its fine graduates?
The University of Ottawa is one of Canada's leading post-secondary
John Tory needs to learn that leadership means promoting Ontario's great
universities, not running them down.
It's another example of questionable judgment from John Tory.
For further information:
For further information: Ben Chin, (416) 358-6291,