TORONTO, July 28 /CNW/ - Canadian drivers looking to spend more time on
the road and less time at the gas pump have been turning to Toyota in record
numbers for fuel-efficient vehicles at incredible prices.
Recognizing Toyota's long standing commitment to creating environmental
benefits for all consumers, regardless of which fuel-efficient Toyota vehicle
they choose, some well-respected observers have endorsed that decision as
- For five consecutive years, Toyota has led the Canadian auto industry
with the most fuel-efficient passenger car fleet, based on Transport
Canada's Company Average Fuel Consumption (CAFC) data(1).
- The Canadian-built Toyota Corolla recently travelled 1017 kilometres
on a single tank of fuel, beating a dozen compact cars from other
manufacturers to take the top spot in the 2008 CanadianDriver 50-Litre
- Toyota has four models that achieve a combined city/highway fuel
efficiency below 7.0L/100km - more than any other Canadian auto
retailer. These are as follows: Prius (4.1L/100km); Toyota Camry
Hybrid (5.7L/100km); Corolla (6.6L/100km(3)); Yaris (6.3L/100km).
- The 2008 Automotive Environmental Index from JD Power and Associates
ranked Toyota as having the most environmentally-friendly vehicles in
the Top 30: the Camry Hybrid, Highlander Hybrid, Prius, Yaris, Matrix
"Toyota is committed to providing Canadians with the right vehicle, at
the right time, for the right price - which is why we offer an extensive
selection of fuel-friendly vehicles that give drivers more options than ever
when it comes to keeping their money in their wallets and out of the gas
tank," noted Stephen Beatty, Managing Director of Toyota Canada Inc. "Toyota
firmly established its fuel-friendly reputation in North America during the
oil crisis of the early 1970s and we've been focusing on improving fuel
efficiency ever since. We'll continue to make things better for Canadian
drivers by delivering a full range of models that minimize fuel consumption
and emissions while maximizing safety and driving pleasure."
For more information on TCI's fuel-efficient Canadian line up, or to book
a test drive, visit www.toyota.ca or contact your local Toyota dealer.
(1) More information on CAFC can be found on Transport Canada's web site:
(2) More information on the CanadianDriver 50-Litre Challenge(TM) can be
found online at: http://www.canadiandriver.com/50litre/
(3) Combined City/Highway figure for 2009 Corolla, 1.8L Automatic
(4) More information on the JD Power and Associates Automotive
Environmental Index can be found online at:
For further information:
For further information: Sandy Di Felice, Director, External Affairs,
Toyota Canada Inc., (416) 431-8350, email@example.com