Powerful Demand for TCI Hybrid Vehicles, Fuel-Efficient Sedans, and All-
New Full-Size Tundra Pickup
TORONTO, March 1 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) today announced record
sales for the month of February, thanks to outstanding performances from both
the Toyota and Lexus divisions. Total TCI sales reached 10,771 units, up
6.5 per cent from the record set last February. Record TCI February car sales
of 7,296 are up by 6.4 per cent, and record TCI truck sales of 3,475 are up
6.8 per cent for the month.
Toyota set a new February record of 9,970 units, up 4.8 per cent over last
- Toyota sold 6,813 cars in February, up 3.7 per cent for the month.
- Toyota set a new February record for truck sales, with sales of 3,157,
surging past the record set last February by 7.4 per cent.
It was also the best February ever for Lexus - a total of 801 luxury cars
and SUVs were sold, beating last February's record by an impressive 33.5 per
- Lexus car sales set a February record, with 483 units, up by
70.1 per cent.
- Lexus SUV sales of 318 units grew by 0.6 per cent over the same month
"Sales of Toyota's fuel-efficient vehicles were outstanding in February,
including the Canadian Car of the Year Camry Hybrid, Highlander Hybrid, and
the EnerGuide award-winning Yaris, Prius and Sienna," said Tony Wearing,
Managing Director of TCI. "We were also thrilled with the performance of the
all-new Tundra. In its first full week on sale, customer response to this
powerful new entry in the full-sized pickup category far surpassed even our
"The ES 350, IS series, and GS 350 all set new records in February as car
buyers increasingly demand the exceptional quality, reliability and ease of
ownership that are the hallmarks of Lexus," said Stuart Payne, Director of
Lexus in Canada. "Matching the growing demand for low emission vehicles, we
were also pleased to see a new February record for the RX 400h hybrid luxury
Vehicle highlights include:
- Environmentally conscious drivers bought 243 units of the 2007 Camry
Hybrid, Canadian Car of the Year.
- New February record for Highlander Hybrid with 85 units sold, up
77.1 per cent compared to 2006 February sales.
- Combined Yaris sales of 1,633 units were up 41.5 per cent.
- Prius achieved its second best February sales on record with 172 units
- The all-new gas-powered Camry was also a popular choice, as sales of
1,273 units grew by 55.6 per cent compared to February 2006 sales.
- Year-to-date sales for the Toyota Sienna grew by 3.2 per cent, with
sales of 746 units.
- A new February record for Tundra, with combined 4X4 and 4X2 sales of
380 units up by 39.2 per cent for the month.
- Tacoma pickup sales of 586 units grew by 20.6 per cent.
- New February record for the Lexus ES 350 reached 244 units, up
136.9 per cent.
- Record February sales of the Lexus IS lineup, with 154 units, up by
18.5 per cent.
- Outstanding performance for the GS 350, with a new February sales
record of 33 units, up 3.1 per cent.
- Record February for the Lexus RX 400h with 63 units for the month, an
increase of 28.6 per cent.
For further information:
For further information: Kathryn Ruhland, Manager, Public Relations,
Toyota Canada Inc., (416) 431-8333