MONTREAL, Sept. 13 /CNW Telbec/ - The 14th World Congress on In Vitro
Fertilization (IVF) and the 3rd World Congress on In Vitro Maturation (IVM)
will be held in Montreal from September 15 to 19, 2007. These two events will
unite the main experts in these fields for a five-day meeting in Montreal that
could lead to potentially enormous scientific and human impacts.
Researchers from the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) will be among
the leading speakers at the event. They will present their work on a variety
of topics, from male infertility to embryonic development.
Among the prominent speakers is Dr. Seang Lin Tan, President of the
Congress Organizing Committee and Director of the McGill Reproductive Centre
(MUHC), who will give two presentations: the first during the opening
symposium of the congress (Monday, Sept. 17, 2007 at 8:30 a.m.) on "Fertility
preservation by oocyte freezing" and later that same day (Monday, Sept. 17,
2007 at 3:00 p.m.) on "Factors predicting IVM success."
By theme, the other participants are as follows:
Fertility preservation :
- Togas Tulandi - Tuesday 18.09.2007 at 8:30am
"Changing concept of fertility management "
- Lucy Gilbert - Monday 17.09.2007 at 10:30am
"Fertility preserving surgical strategies in ovarian, endometrial and
- Rio-Cheng Chian - Wednesday 19.09.2007 at 10:30am
"Vitrification of oocytes"
Male infertility :
- Peter Chan - Monday 17.09.2007 at 2:00 pm
"Impact of chemotherapy on the reproductive health of men"
- Bernard Robaire - Tuesday 18.09.2007 at 4:30pm
"Male mediated developmental toxicity"
- Makoto Nagano - Tuesday 18.09.2007 at 5:00pm
"Stem cells and male infertility"
- Hugh Clarke - Monday 17.09.2007 at 4:00pm
"Oocyte growth in the ovary"
- Asangla Ao - Monday 17.09.2007 at 4:30pm
"Morphologically good and poor quality human blastocyst contain different
proportions of polyploid cells"
- Jacquetta Trasler - Monday 17.09.2007 at 5:00pm
"Epigenetic modification during oocyte growth and maturation"
- Carolyn Reinhold - Monday 17.09.2007 at 11:00am
"Ultrasound and MRI for diagnosis of adenomyosis"
Preimplantation genetic diagnosis:
- Asangla Ao - Monday 17.09.2007 at 10:00am
"Preimplantation genetic diagnosis for aneuploidy screening; an overview
of current practices"
- Srinivasan Krishnamurthy - Tuesday 18.09.2007 at 10:30am
"Young women and myomectomy"
- Xiaoyun Zhang - Tuesday 18.09.2007 at 3:15pm
"Analysis of chromosome segregation in preimplantation embryos obtained
from carriers of male chromosome translocation"
- William Buckett - Tuesday 18.09.2007 at 5:30pm
"Obstetric and neonatal outcome of IVM babies"
- Hananel Holzer - Wednesday 19.09.2007 at 4:00pm
"Oral contraception in preparation for IVF and IVM"
- David Morris - Wednesday 19.09.2007 at 4:30pm
"New boundaries in managing premature failure"
Members of the media are invited to attend the symposia and will be able
to interview the speakers afterwards.
The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) is a comprehensive academic
health institution with an international reputation for excellence in clinical
programs, research and teaching. The MUHC is a merger of five teaching
hospitals affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine at McGill University--the
Montreal Children's, Montreal General, Royal Victoria, and Montreal
Neurological Hospitals, as well as the Montreal Chest Institute. Building on
the tradition of medical leadership of the founding hospitals, the goal of the
MUHC is to provide patient care based on the most advanced knowledge in the
health care field, and to contribute to the development of new knowledge.
For further information:
For further information: Isabelle Kling, Communications Coordinator
(research), MUHC Public Relations and Communications, (514) 934-1934 #36419,