OTTAWA, June 9 /CNW Telbec/ - The June issue of the Financial System
Review will be released on Thursday, 12 June 2008 at 10:30 (ET).
This issue features the following articles:
- Bank of Canada Oversight Activities during 2007 under the Payment
Clearing and Settlement Act
- Bank of Canada Participation in the 2007 FSAP Macro Stress-Testing
- The Role of Credit Ratings in Managing Credit Risk in Federal Treasury
- Financial Market Turmoil and Central Bank Intervention
- A Model of Tiered Settlement Networks
- The Effects of a Disruption in CDSX Settlement on Activity in the LVTS:
A Simulation Study
- Family Values: Ownership Structure, Performance, and Capital Structure
of Canadian Firms
On Thursday, 12 June, the Bank will hold a briefing session for the media
to discuss the highlights of the Financial System Review.
08:00 Lock-up and reading period: Journalists are invited to review
the Financial System Review under the usual conditions of a
lock-up at the Bank's head office in Ottawa and at the regional
offices in Toronto (150 King Street West, Suite 2000) and
Montréal (1501 McGill College Avenue, Suite 2030). Please be
sure to have your press card with you.
08:30 to Media briefing session: Bank officers will provide background
09:30 information and respond to questions. Reporters in Toronto and
Montréal will be linked to the briefing by video conference.
Information gathered at the session may be used freely in news
reports and commentaries, provided it is not attributed to the
Bank or its officers. Electronic recording is not permitted.
Note: The briefing session will take place during the lock-up.
For security reasons, those wishing to attend must confirm by
calling Nathalie Smith at 613 782-7382 before noon on
Wednesday, 11 June.
10:30 End of lock-up and embargo lifted. The Financial System Review
will be available on the Bank's website at:
For further information:
For further information: Jeremy Harrison, (613) 782-8782,