TORONTO, Feb. 6 /CNW/ - Start a family tradition and celebrate Ontario's
new Family Day weekend in Toronto. Exciting attractions, top theatre and
events make for a lot of classic Toronto family moments, for a lot less. Great
family package deals include something for parents and kids alike.
"Family Day is a great time to enjoy what Canada's largest city has to
offer for the family," said David Whitaker, President and CEO of Tourism
Toronto. "It is a new opportunity to bring the family to Toronto and enjoy
some of the top lodging, theatre and attractions in the city."
Family Day weekend fun begins with:
- Kids See It Free from Mirvish Productions. Buy one full-price ticket
to We Will Rock You, Twelve Angry Men, or Nicholas Nickelby
(Part 1 and/or Part 2) and receive one free ticket for a child
18 years old and under. Visit Mirvish.com or call 1-800-461-3333.
- Freedom in the Kingdom! From February 1 - February 29 kids 12 years
old and under get in free at Medieval Times with every full priced
adult admission. Valid at Toronto Castle only. Call for details
- SpongeBob (TM) and Patrick at the CN Tower with a special admission
offer including access to the Look Out, Glass Floor, Sky Pod, Film,
and Ride for $33. From February 16-18 buy one CN Tower admission
package and get another one free. Start your journey 1,815 ft. up by
- Sunday Smorgasbord Special at the Art Gallery of Ontario's gallery
school on February 17. Unleash your family's creativity during the
interactive series Drawing on Yoga, Whimsy and Wonder inspired by
artists like Matisse. Call 416-979-6608 or visit www.ago.net.
- Gadgets & Gizmos at the Ontario Science Centre where you can build
interesting toys from everyday objects with your whole family. Free
with admission all day long on February 18. Discover at
www.ontariosciencecentre.ca or call 1-888-696-1110.
- WILD animal families at the Toronto Zoo with 50 per cent off admission
for the whole family on February 18. Enjoy special keeper talks on
some of 5,000 animals. For more information on fun with animals call
(416) 392-5929 or visit www.torontozoo.com.
- Dinos at the Royal Ontario Museum and Discovery Gallery, an
interactive space of touchable artifacts and real specimens. Visit
www.rom.on.ca for more information.
- Free outdoor skating at Toronto's City Hall and Harbourfront Centre
completed with music and rink-side hot chocolate. Both rinks have
skate rental on site. www.toronto.ca
Getting the Family to Toronto is easy with:
- VIA Rail's Kids Travel Free offer valid from January 31- February 19.
Purchase a ticket for someone 18 years of age or over (at the best
senior, student or adult fares), and receive a free ticket for a child
11 years of age or under for the same trip. Book your ticket by
calling 1-888-VIA-RAIL or visiting any VIA Rail station.
- Hotel packages available through Tourism Toronto starting at $89(*)
per night including breakfast. Book online at www.torontotourism.com
or call 1-800-499-2514
About Tourism Toronto
Tourism Toronto, Toronto's Convention and Visitors Association, is an
industry association of more than 1,100 members established to sell and market
the Greater Toronto Region as a remarkable destination for tourists around the
globe. For more information please visit www.torontotourism.com.
(*) Hotel packages and prices do not include taxes and are based on the
lowest downtown hotel fare.
For further information:
For further information: Justine Palinska, Tourism Toronto, (416)