TORONTO, April 17 /CNW/ - AGF Funds Inc. today announced that the
following changes, aimed at simplifying and improving AGF's fund line up, have
been approved by securityholders:
- Merger of AGF Global Health Sciences Class into AGF Global Equity
- Merger of AGF Global Technology Class into AGF Global Equity Class
- Merger of AGF Global Financial Services Class into AGF Global Value
- Merger of AGF Global Perspective Class into AGF Global Value Class
- Merger of AGF Special U.S. Class into AGF American Growth Class
- Merger of AGF U.S. Value Class into AGF American Growth Class
- Merger of AGF Diversified Dividend Income Fund into AGF Monthly High
- Change in investment objectives and renaming of AGF Special U.S. Fund
to AGF American Growth Fund and the subsequent merger of AGF U.S.
Value Fund into AGF American Growth Fund
- Addition of Series T and V purchase options to AGF's All World Tax
Advantage Group Limited (AWTAG).
The mergers (which remain subject to regulatory approval), investment
objective change and renaming are expected to be effective on or about May 22,
2009. The series additions to AWTAG will be effective on or about April 20,
2009 with the renewal of the AGF Group of Funds simplified prospectus.
About AGF Management Limited
AGF Management Limited is one of Canada's premier investment management
companies with offices across Canada and subsidiaries around the world. AGF's
products and services include a diversified family of award-winning mutual
funds, AGF Elements portfolios, the Harmony asset management program, AGF
Asset Management Group services for institutional and high-net-worth clients,
as well as AGF Trust GICs, loans and mortgages. With approximately $34.5
billion in total assets under management, AGF serves more than one million
investors. AGF trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol AGF.B.
For further information:
For further information: contact AGF Corporate Communications: Lucy
Becker, Vice-President, (416) 865-4284, Lucy.Becker@agf.com; Karen Danylak,
Director, (416) 865-4308, Karen.Danylak@agf.com