MADRID, Spain, July 16 /CNW/ -
- A World Conference on Dialogue to be Held From the 16th to the 18th of
July, 2008 in Madrid by an Invitation From King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz
Al-Saud of Saudi Arabia
- Politicians, Leaders and Representatives From All Over the World
Travel to Madrid to Discuss This Issue.
- The King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, King of Saudi Arabia and D.
Juan Carlos I, King of Spain Today Inaugurate This Meeting Place for
Madrid has become the venue for the World Conference for Dialogue which
was announced by the King of Saudi Arabia, Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud,
during the International Islamic Conference for Dialogue held in Mecca on 30th
May this year. The convocation, organised by the General Secretary of the
Muslim World League (MWL), is uniting leading personalities specializing in
dialogue and topics such as "life of human societies, international
co-operation, human rights, security and peace and living peacefully together"
in Spain from today till the 18th of July, 2008.
This international conference targeted the followers and experts of the
three monotheistic Abrahamic world religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam)
and other creeds. The followers of these religions meet again in a formal
manner to have a dialogue between religious leaders and secular thinkers and
intellectuals. The Spanish King D. Juan Carlos I and King Abdullah, the
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, have inaugurated this conference today
Wednesday 16th of July, 2008.
Aims and themes of the conference
- Underline the fact that religion is an important factor in
- Contemplate on the success and failures of past experiences of
dialogue among the followers of different faiths and cultures in order
to enhance their positive aspects and avoid their negative aspects in
the future dialogues.
- Study and analyse the obstacles which might prevent dialogue from
reaching its desired objectives
- Co-ordinate different efforts at an international level to counteract
emerging challenges arising from negative behaviours which are
incompatible with human nature and universal human values.
- Strengthen moral values and noble social practices against
licentiousness and anarchy, moral decadency and the disintegration of
- Resisting tendencies which promote conflicts between different peoples
culture and nations.
With the intention to reach these objectives, the World Conference on
Dialogue deals with five fundamental themes:
- Dialogue and its religious and civilizational foundations.
- The significance of dialogue in human society.
- Common human values in the field of dialogue.
- Evaluation and improvement of dialogue.
- Dissemination of the culture of dialogue and co-existence
Abdullah Bin Abdulmuhsin Al-Turki, General Secretary of the Muslim World
League, affirms that "King Abdullah's initiative has achieved the unanimous
agreement of the Islamic community".
About World Islamic League
The World Islamic League is a non-profit non-governmental Islamic
organization, created on 18th May of 1962. It represents the Islamic people
and minorities all over the world and organises cultural and beneficial
activities. Its head office is located in Mecca, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but
also has more than 40 offices over all continents.
The League is a member of the Economic and Social Council of the United
Nations and takes part of the UNESCO and UNICEF. In addition, it is an
observing member of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference.
- Conferences can be followed on real time in the following site:
- If you need more images or information, please do not hesitate to
For further information:
For further information: Chiara Baldovi, Chiarabaldovi@medialunacom.es;
Elena Alonso, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +34-91-567-01-72