TORONTO, March 2 /CNW/ - Royal Bank of Canada (RY on TSX and NYSE) today
announced an increase to its quarterly common share dividend of six cents per
share or 15 per cent to 46 cents, payable on May 24, 2007, to common
shareholders of record on April 25, 2007.
The quarterly common share dividend was last increased by four cents per
share to 40 cents in the fourth quarter of 2006, for shareholders of record on
October 26, 2006.
The board also declared dividends on the following Non-Cumulative First
Preferred Shares, payable on May 24, 2007, to shareholders of record on
April 25, 2007.
- Series N, Dividend No. 36 of $0.29375 per share.
- Series W, Dividend No. 9 of $0.30625 per share.
- Series AA, Dividend No. 5 of $0.278125 per share.
- Series AB, Dividend No. 3 of $0.293750 per share.
- Series AC, Dividend No. 2 of $0.2875 per share.
- Series AD, Dividend No. 1 of $0.499315 per share.
- Series AE, Dividend No. 1 of $0.385274 per share.
The board also declared that all dividends (and deemed dividends) paid by
the bank to Canadian residents on its common and preferred shares after
December 31, 2005, are designated as "eligible dividends" for purposes of the
enhanced dividend tax credit rules contained in the Income Tax Act (Canada)
and any corresponding provincial and territorial tax legislation. In addition,
the board declared that, unless stated otherwise, all dividends (and deemed
dividends) paid by the bank hereafter are designated as "eligible dividends"
for the purposes of such rules.
For further information:
For further information: Media Contact: Beja Rodeck, Media Relations,
(416) 974-5506, toll-free 1-888-880-2173, firstname.lastname@example.org; Investor
Contacts: Shirley Boudreau, Shareholder Relations, (416) 955-7806,
email@example.com; Dave Mun, Investor Relations, (416) 955-7808,