Oil and Gas Professionals Learn to Control Their Destiny
by Attending GO-EXPO: Gas and Oil Exposition
CALGARY, June 2 /CNW/ - GO-EXPO: Gas and Oil Exposition, Canada's largest
energy event of the year, taking place June 9 - 11, 2009 at Calgary's Stampede
Park, is gearing up to welcome more than 20,000 registered visitors and
exhibitors. This year's theme is Control Your Destiny and features 700
exhibiting companies covering more than 150,000 net square feet of indoor and
outdoor exhibits, technologies and equipment.
"We chose the theme Control Your Destiny because the oil and gas industry
has always experienced economic highs and lows, and exhibitions like GO-EXPO
provide attendees and exhibitors the opportunity to strengthen their
connections and knowledge, giving industry professionals a greater control of
the future," said Wes Scott, Event Director for GO-EXPO. "Furthermore, this
year's show will continue the GO-EXPO tradition of transcending expectations
with new technologies, conferences and features, such as the environmental
area, which features the technologies of forward-thinking companies who are
leading the way with innovative products and resources."
GO-EXPO 2009 spotlights event features including but not limited to:
- Global Petroleum Conference: This three-day conference is presented in
conjunction with Petroleum Technology Alliance Canada (PTAC), and
features a stellar Plenary Session of international executives from
Mexico, Iraq, Kuwait, Canada and USA, as well as more than 60 other
presentations on Oil Sands, Operations and CO(2)/Increased Oil
Recovery. Moderated by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's Peter
Mansbridge, the Plenary Session Panellists include:
Peter Mansbridge - Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (MODERATOR)
- Mr. Khaled Al-Khamees - Deputy Managing Director, Administration &
Finance, Kuwait Oil Company
- Dr. Soheil Asgarpour Ph.D., P.Eng. - President, PTAC (Petroleum
Technology Alliance Canada)
- Mr. David Collyer - President, CAPP (Canadian Association of Petroleum
- Honourable Mel Knight - Minister of Energy, Government of Alberta
- Dr. Kevin Meyers - President, ConocoPhillips Canada
- Mr. Jesus Reyes Heroles - President & CEO, Pemex
- Wednesday, June 10 (7:45 am to 8:15 am)
- Accessing Capital for Global Energy Companies: Challenges
and Opportunities - Cindy Gray, TMX Group
- Wednesday, June 10 (12:00 noon - 1:30 pm)
- Smarter Planet: Better Information, More Production, Less
Cost - Steve Edwards, IBM
- Thursday, June 11 (7:45 am to 8:15 am)
- His Excellency Qubad Talabani, Kurdistan Regional
Government Representative for the United States of
- Health & Safety Pavilion: This pavilion showcases the best quality
health and safety related equipment, products and services specific to
the energy sector.
- Environmental Technologies & Innovations Pavilion: True dedication to
improving the way the oil and gas industry makes its mark upon the
environment is a direct result of innovative, forward-thinking
companies that want to make a difference.
Along with these features, GO-EXPO will also present two introductory
courses: Oilpatch 101: An Introduction to the Oil & Gas Industry, and Heavy
Oil 101: An Introduction to the Heavy Oil Industry.
"GO-EXPO is a prime opportunity for all people in the oil and gas and
energy sectors to network, meet, learn and conduct business," added Scott.
GO-EXPO 2009 runs Tuesday, June 9 and Wednesday, June 10 from 10:00 a.m.
to 5:00 p.m., and Thursday, June 11 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To register or for more information visit: www.petroleumshow.com/goexpo.
For further information:
For further information: Hilary Faktor, Brookline Public Relations for
GO-EXPO 2009, W: (403) 538-5641 ext. 107, C: (403) 969-6983,