North Hill Centre Supports the Calgary Charity Community during Earth
CALGARY, April 23 /CNW/ - For a twist on the very recycling centric
events during Earth Week, North Hill Centre is concentrating on "ReUse". This
is especially important during the slow economic times where Calgary Charities
are receiving fewer donations than in years past.
On Saturday, April 25th the community has been invited to bring their
well-loved, but still usable goods to the centre, where the following
charities will all have tables and bins for collection:
- The Calgary Women's Shelter - new items for women and children
- Cinderella Project - graduation attire for young women
- Calgary Dream Centre - men's clothing
- Calgary Food Bank - non perishable food items
- Women in Need - gently-used clothing and household needs
- The Chevron Retirees - used books
- Walk In Closet - gently used women's business attire and accessories
- Electronic Recycling Association - computers and electronics for
The theme of the event is to turn items you no longer use into someone
else's dignity and self respect and it runs from 10 am to 4 pm.
The charities will also have an opportunity to meet with lots of people
and build awareness of their cause among the community. The community will
also have the opportunity to make many donations in one stop rather than
travelling around the city.
This is the inaugural year for the "ReUse" event at North Hill Centre and
we hope to make this event a yearly Earth Week tradition.
For more information on this event visit www.northhillcentre.com
For further information:
For further information: Media Contact: Paula Neuhold, Marketing
Director, Bentall LP, North Hill Centre, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone:
(403) 289-2518, Cell: (403) 710-2439