MONTREAL, April 25 /CNW Telbec/ - Due to their growing prevalence,
cancer, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and obesity are often featured in
the news. The Quit to Win! Challenge and the 5/30 Health Challenge provide
Quebecers with winning health strategies they can use to effectively combat
ACTI-MENU invites the media to attend the Announcement
of the 2007 Results
of the Quit to Win! Challenge and 5/30 Health Challenge.
Thursday, April 26th, 2007, at 2:30 pm
Hall of the Institut de tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec
3535 St-Denis Street, Montreal
The event will be hosted by:
- Francis Reddy, 5/30 Health Challenge Spokesperson;
- Geneviève Guérard, Quit to Win! Challenge Spokesperson.
For six weeks, from March 1st to April 11th, and for an 8th year in a row,
the Quit to Win! Challenge helped many Quebec smokers to butt out. Quebecers
also actively participated in the 3rd edition of the 5/30 Health Challenge,
with the intention of reaching or maintaining two key health objectives:
eating at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables and doing at least 30
minutes of physical activity for a minimum of five days a week.
The important contributions of these two campaigns and their impact on
Quebecers' health will be highlighted by the following presenters:
- Dr. Alain Poirier, Assistant Deputy Minister and National Director for
Public Health with the Ministry of Health and Social Services;
- Marie-France Bérard, Regional Executive Director, Health Canada;
- Suzanne Dubois, Executive Director, Canadian Cancer Society, Quebec
- Dr. Martin Juneau, ACTI-MENU's Co-President, Cardiologist and Director
of Prevention at the Montreal Heart Institute;
- Marie-Claude Pelletier, General Manager, ACTI-MENU.
For further information:
For further information: André Beaulieu Communication, (514) 393-3444,