MONTREAL, April 10 /CNW Telbec/ - The Canadian population is aging and
cancer is now a serious health threat to baby-boomers. Current trends show
that in the years to come, there could be an important increase in the
incidence of cancer and deaths related to the disease.
Announcement of the latest cancer statistics:
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
From 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
-a press briefing will be held at 9:30 am, followed by
Canadian Cancer Society, Quebec Division
5151 de l'Assomption Blvd.
We will analyze the content of the new 2007 statistics on cancer and their
consequences on the population. The following spokespersons will also discuss
the need to pursue tobacco control, the importance of screening, and the
urgency to implement government policies to support a strong and integrated
fight against cancer.
- Dr. Gilles Pineau, Acting President of the Canadian Cancer Society,
- Ms. Marie-Claude Lafleur, Communications Director for the Canadian
Cancer Society, Quebec Division
Also present will be:
- A woman, professor and scientist in the field of cancer, in
remission from breast cancer.
- Another woman living with lung cancer.
- A man in remission from prostate cancer.
For further information:
For further information: To arrange a time for an interview or for
information, please contact André Beaulieu Communication, (514) 393-3444