IROs, Financial Communicators and XBRL Members Are Encouraged to Attend
Free Online Event April 15 Featuring Experts from the SEC and CSA
TORONTO, April 8 /CNW/ - XBRL Canada is hosting an interactive webinar on
the impact of XBRL and IFRS adoption on the regulatory environment of Canadian
companies as seen by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the
Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA).
The event features prominent speakers from the SEC, the CSA and the
International Accounting Standards Committee (IASC) Foundation (creators of
the IFRS XBRL taxonomy), and is a must attend for IROs, Canadian cross-listed
companies, other Canadian public companies, investment analysts and advisors.
DATE: Wednesday, April 15, 2009, 12:00 - 4:00 pm Eastern
- 'The Impact of New SEC Rules on Canada', Stephen Sadoski, SEC,
12:00 - 12:20 pm
- 'Canadian Companies, Cross-listed and Others', Andrew Lowe, CSA/OSC,
12:20 - 12:40 pm
- 'The Impact of IFRS on XBRL Adoption, the IFRS Taxonomy', Olivier
Servais, IASC Foundation, 12:40 - 1:00 pm
- 'How to Prepare Filings - In-house', Speaker TBA, 1:00 - 1:30 pm
- 'How to Prepare Filings - Outsourcing', Wasim Thaha, TNT Filings,
1:30 - 2:00 pm
- CNW Group, John Mania, CNW Group, 2:00 - 2:30 pm
- TNT Filings, Wasim Thaha, TNT Filings, 2:30 - 3:00 pm
- Bowne & Co., Mike Boyle, Bowne & Co., 3:00 - 3:30 pm
- Clarity Systems, TBA, 3:30 - 4:00 pm
REGISTRATION: There is no charge for this event. Interested parties must
send their name, company name and email to XBRL Canada's Project Director,
Gerald Trites via email at Jerry.Trites@cica.ca.
WEBINAR ACCESS: Login and access information will be sent to attendees
upon registration; the webinar makes use of Lotus Sametime, augmented by
ARCHIVED MATERIAL: Presentation materials and links to an audio archive
will be made available on the XBRL Canada website following the event.
About XBRL Canada
XBRL Canada is a not-for-profit consortium of leading Canadian companies
and organizations, whose role is to create and maintain XBRL taxonomies based
on Canadian reporting standards, to increase the awareness, knowledge and
understanding of XBRL and its uses in Canada, and to stimulate and promote the
adoption of XBRL in Canada.
For further information:
For further information: XBRL Canada, Jerry Trites, Project Director,
(416) 602-3931, Email: Jerry.Trites@cica.ca