Road closures in effect from 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, September 28,
MEDIA ACCESS INFORMATION BELOW
TORONTO, Sept. 25 /CNW/ - The 9th annual Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront
Marathon, Half-Marathon and 5km Run/Walk takes place this Sunday September 28,
2008 starting at 7 a.m. More than 13,000 competitors are expected to
participate in the race and the Scotiabank Charity Challenge, which supports
more than 64 recognized charities. Spectators from neighbourhoods along the
race route can also support their local runner and raise money in the
Neighbourhood Challenge, supporting a neighbourhood charity while enjoying
community festivities. This year's event hopes to surpass last year's total of
$925,000 raised for participating charities.
Race Route Road Closures:
- Lakeshore Boulevard from Windermere Avenue to Bathurst - closed
6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Lakeshore Boulevard from west of Bay Street- closed 6 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Lakeshore Boulevard from east of Bay Street - closed 6 a.m. to
- Bremner Boulevard from Spadina Avenue to York Street and Lower Simcoe
Street, between Bremner and Lakeshore Boulevard - closed 6 a.m. to
- Armoury Street (local access available) - closed 4 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Wellington Street from Bay Street to Parliament Street - closed
5 a.m. to 9 a.m.
- Bay Street from Queen Street to Lakeshore Boulevard - closed 5 a.m.
to 2 p.m.
- Queen's Quay eastbound lanes from Stadium Road to Parliament Street
and Lakeshore Boulevard - closed 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Lakeshore Boulevard from Woodbine Avenue to Leslie Street - closed
6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Commissioners Road eastbound lanes from Don Roadway to Leslie Street
- closed 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Leslie Street from Commissioners Road to the Leslie Street Spit and
Unwin Avenue - closed 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Gardiner Expressway Access:
- Spadina Avenue will remain open all day for uninterrupted north-south
and Gardiner Expressway access
- Eastbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Yonge, York and Bay streets -
- Eastbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Jarvis Street - closed
- Westbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Sherbourne and Jarvis streets -
all traffic to be diverted to northbound Sherbourne Street
- Westbound Gardiner Expressway ramp to Yonge, York and Bay Streets -
all traffic to be diverted to northbound Yonge Street
- Westbound Gardiner Expressway at Spadina Avenue - all traffic to be
diverted to northbound Spadina Avenue
Other Important Access Information:
- North/South access for Queen's Quay via Spadina & Rees Avenue
(Spadina south to eastbound Lakeshore to Rees)
- Access to Gardiner Expressway via Spadina Avenue, which will be open
- Special access lane arrangements have been made from Windermere
Avenue to Ontario Place on Lakeshore Boulevard (for the Boulevard
Club, Argonaut Rowing Club and Ontario Place).
- Don Valley Parkway Southbound should take the Richmond Street exit.
- Don Valley Parkway Northbound can be accessed via Gardiner Expressway
Expressway (south on Spadina to Lakeshore, east on Lakeshore to ramp
just east of Rees)
Media Access Information:
Media accreditation and sign-in is in the media/VIP tent, access is from
Queen Street, west of Bay Street. Please refer to the road closure advisory
for more details on access.
For further information:
For further information: Alan Brookes, Race Director, Scotiabank Toronto
Waterfront Marathon, (416) 464-7437; Livy Feldgajer, Scotiabank Public
Affairs, (416) 866-6203