TORONTO, Sept. 9 /CNW/ - After 8 years of cuts, damage and neglect,
Conservatives left Ontarians with a massive $5.6 Billion deficit.
That's the mess all Ontarians working together have had to clean up.
The Conservatives left behind a deficit because they cut public health
care funding, closing hospitals and using that money for corporate tax
giveaways. Now John Tory wants to rip almost $3 Billion out of health care.
The Conservatives left behind a deficit because they ripped apart our
schools, closing small rural schools and using that money for private school
giveaways. Now John Tory wants to rip another $500 million out of public
The Conservatives left behind a deficit because they fudged the numbers
and counted on revenues that never came, asset sales that never happened, and
'efficiencies' that didn't exist. Instead they just kept cutting to the bone,
firing water inspectors, meat inspectors and services we rely on. Now John
Tory is relying on revenue projections no economist has backed up, and wants
to cut another $1.5 billion in unidentified 'efficiencies'.
It's that kind of questionable judgment that led to headlines like these:
- Tories leave Ontario with $5.6-billion deficit (Timmins Daily Press)
- Ontario $5.6 billion in the red: Former auditor debunks Tories'
creative bookkeeping (Ottawa Citizen)
- Tories slammed for leaving $5.6-B deficit (St. Catharines Standard)
- Tories left $5.6 B deficit: Auditor uncovers 'shocking' debt
- Province faces $5.6-B deficit - auditor: 'It exemplifies a history of
mismanagement and misrepresentation' (North Bay Nugget)
For further information:
For further information: Ben Chin, (416) 961-3800, ext 412,