CAMBRIDGE, England, Sept. 4 /CNW/ - AVEVA (LSE:AVV), the leading provider
of plant and marine design and engineering lifecycle solutions today announces
the launch of AVEVA PDMS 12.
AVEVA PDMS 12, is the latest generation of the leading plant design tool
This release fully supports the Microsoft .NET user interface with highly
interactive 3D graphical editing functions making it easier to learn, faster
to use and a lot more productive.
"PDMS has long been acknowledged as the most powerful plant design system
in the market. With AVEVA's unique, proven, object-based and global
engineering technologies our clients have had unrivalled flexibility in the
execution of complex global projects," said Richard Longdon, CEO of AVEVA.
"The release of PDMS 12 takes this technology platform to new heights of
productivity. PDMS 12 delivers major innovations to our customers, ranging
from improved productivity for individual designers through to increased
overall project savings that result from significant improvements in data
management and control.
The new features in PDMS 12 include:
- Extensive enhancements to the advanced engineering applications for
designing equipment, piping, ducting, structural steel, and supports.
- The new access platforms, stairs and ladders application that allows
the parametric design and easy modification of complex access
- The new catalogue and specification management application that
reduces the effort and skill levels required to create and modify
catalogues and specifications.
- A new Cable Design product that allows cables and cableways to be
routed inside the PDMS model.
- New object associations that allow key relationships to be defined
within the plant model and continuously monitored as the design
- A rule-based automatic pipe routing and quality checking feature as
- Extensions to the PDMS configuration and customisation capabilities to
allow Microsoft .NET compatible languages to be used.
- A new approach to P&ID integration. P&IDs from multiple authoring
tools can be consolidated into a single schematic model which is
managed within the AVEVA PDMS 12 environment. The schematic model can
be used to build and compare with the 3D plant model using the new
AVEVA P&ID Manager and AVEVA P&ID Integrator products which are
introduced as part of AVEVA's open P&ID strategy.
AVEVA's principle of continual progression means that existing PDMS
customers can easily upgrade.
For further information:
For further information: Alison Patey, AVEVA, firstname.lastname@example.org