OTTAWA, Jan. 30 /CNW/ - Representatives of five Canadian ethnic
communities will come together Tuesday, January 30, 2007 in Ottawa to draw
attention to the continued presence in Canada of a number of Nazi-era enablers
and why Canada should not be a haven for those who have committed crimes
Journalists are invited to a News Conference on January 30 at the Lord
Elgin Hotel, 100 Elgin Street, Ottawa, at 11 a.m. in the Lady Elgin Room.
Participating speakers represent communities that have suffered genocides
in their recent histories.
- Bernie M. Farber - Canadian Jewish Congress
- Leo Adler - Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
- Aris Babikian - Armenian National Committee of Canada
- Bakri Abdalla - Darfur Association of Canada
- Jean-Paul Nyilinkwaya - PAGE-Rwanda
- Miloslav Slavchev - Roma Community Centre
For further information:
For further information: David Eisenstadt, The Communications Group Inc.
for: Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies, 1-800-267-4476
ext. 36, email@example.com; Len Rudner, National Director of Community
Relations, Canadian Jewish Congress, (416) 631-5712, (Cell) (416) 666-1761,