Centre Offers Fast And Easy Access To Government Information and Services
PEMBROKE, ON, Aug. 10 /CNW/ - The McGuinty government is making it easier
for people to access a wide range of services and information from the Ontario
government with a new ServiceOntario centre in Pembroke, announced Government
Services Minister Gerry Phillips today.
"Ontarians told us they want fast, friendly and easy access to government
services," Phillips said. "This new centre in Pembroke will help ensure that
we're meeting the needs of this community and the surrounding region."
The new centre offers a range of services and information in one
convenient location. The centre is at 400 Pembroke Street East. It is open
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Some specific services available include:
- Fishing and hunting licences
- Health card services (by appointment, call 1-888-376-5197)
- Apprenticeship information and examinations
- Integrated address changes
- Business registrations
- Land registration services
- Landlord/tenant dispute applications
- Trade certificate renewals
- Government publications
- Business name registrations
- Business name renewal applications
- Retail Sales Tax Vendor permit applications
- Employer Health Tax applications
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board applications
Public computers and staff guidance are also available to access online
services such as birth, death and marriage certificates; business
registrations and business name searches.
Disponible en français
For further information:
For further information: Paul de Zara, Minister's Office, Office: (416)
327-3072, Cell: (647) 388-9671; Ciaran Ganley, Communications Branch, (416)