Centre Offers Fast And Easy Access To Government Information and
COCHRANE, ON, Aug. 10 /CNW/ - The McGuinty government is making it easier
for people to access a wide range of services and information from the Ontario
government with a new ServiceOntario centre in Cochrane, Timiskaming-Cochrane
MPP and Minister of Aboriginal Affairs and Minister of Natural Resources David
Ramsay announced today.
"Ontarians told us they want fast, friendly and easy access to government
services," Ramsay said. "This new centre in Cochrane will help ensure that
we're meeting the needs of this community and the surrounding region."
The new centre is at 143 Third Avenue in Cochrane. It is open Monday to
Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm.
Some specific services available include:
- Fishing and hunting licences
- Apprenticeship information
- Business registrations
- Landlord/tenant dispute applications
- Government publications
- Immediate business name registrations
- Applications for business name renewals
- Retail Sales Tax Vendor permit applications
- Employer Health Tax applications
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board applications
Public computers and staff guidance are also available to access online
services such as birth, death and marriage certificates; business
registrations and business name searches.
Disponible en français
For further information:
For further information: Paul de Zara, Minister's Office, Office: (416)
327-3072, Cell: (647) 388-9671; Ciaran Ganley, Communications Branch, (416)