Nearly Half of Employed Executives Are Dissatisfied With Their Jobs, According to Korn/Ferry Executive Quiz

    Results Also Reveal Lack of Trust of Managers and CEOs

    LOS ANGELES, Aug. 10 /CNW/ -- The most recent Executive Quiz results
released today by The Korn/Ferry Institute reveal that nearly half (47
percent) of employed executives are either somewhat or very dissatisfied with
their current position. The lackluster job market has not only left executives
unhappy with their jobs, but survey results also uncover a lack of trust for
corporate leadership.

    When asked what best describes employee morale within their company, 45
percent of employed executives said either "fair" or "poor," followed by 42
percent who said "good" and only 13 percent who said "outstanding."

    According to Ana Dutra, president and CEO of Korn/Ferry Leadership and
Talent Consulting, "Maintaining high employee morale is one of the most
significant challenges facing organizations in today's economic environment,
and a critical part of it is based on the understanding of what truly drives
and motivates executives. Career motives can be very different from individual
to individual: identifying high potentials and their career motives can make
the difference between superior or just solid performance for any

    "The global recession has left fewer employees to do more work, often for
less pay.  Stress levels are high and some executives are getting burnt out. 
However, irrespective of the business cyclicality, companies must take
proactive steps to keep key employees engaged if they want to retain them for
the long term and be seen as an employer of choice."

    The survey results suggest that low employee morale among executives may
be linked to the lack of trust they feel toward company leaders. A surprising
31 percent of executives stated they do not trust their boss. Despite this,
however, three-quarters gave them favorable performance ratings: excellent (19
percent), above average (35 percent) or average (22 percent). Even worse, 36
percent of executives reported they do not trust their CEO. In fact, when
asked if their current CEO is the best person for the job, only 38 percent
said "absolutely," while 34 percent responded "somewhat" and 28 percent said
"not at all."

    Finally, when executives were asked if they aspire to be CEOs, the
majority (56 percent) said "yes," 16 percent said "maybe," 12 percent said
"no" and 15 percent already are or have been a CEO. Aspirations also ran high
for their boss's job. The majority of executives said they aspire to have
their boss's position (67 percent) while the other 33 percent do not.

    The Korn/Ferry International Executive Quiz is based on a global survey
of executives registered within the firm's online Executive Center, Respondents from 70 countries, representing a wide spectrum of
industries and functional areas, participated in the most recent Executive
Quiz in May-June 2009.

    About The Korn/Ferry Institute
    The Korn/Ferry Institute was founded to serve as a premier global voice
on a range of talent management and leadership issues. The Institute
commissions, originates and publishes groundbreaking research utilizing
Korn/Ferry's unparalleled expertise in executive recruitment and talent
development combined with its preeminent behavioral research library. The
Institute is dedicated to improving the state of global human capital for
businesses of all sizes around the world.

    About Korn/Ferry International
    Korn/Ferry International, with a presence throughout the Americas, Asia
Pacific, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, is a premier global provider of
talent management solutions. Based in Los Angeles, the firm delivers an array
of solutions that help clients to attract, develop, retain and sustain their
talent. Visit for more information on the Korn/Ferry
International family of companies, and for thought
leadership, intellectual property and research.


For further information:

For further information: Asia Pacific: Shireen Nisha, +65 6231 6123,, or EMEA, Juerg-Herbert Baertschi, +44 20 7312
3178,, all of Korn/Ferry International,
or Latin America, Lindsey Koh, +1-310-556-8532,, or
North America, Kevin Oates, +1-310-584-8331,, for
Korn/Ferry International Web Site:              

Organization Profile


More on this organization

Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890