TORONTO, March 7 /CNW/ - On Wednesday, March 7, Exhibition Place will
unveil one of the largest trigeneration systems in Canada and the first system
that is municipally-owned. The trigeneration system is part of Exhibition
Place's plan to become energy self-sufficient by 2010.
Exhibition Place's trigeneration system will become the sole source of
power, heat and provide most of the cooling for the Direct Energy Centre at
Exhibition Place. The system consists of one 1,600 kilowatt natural gas-fired
generator with a heat-recovery package and a hot-water driven absorption
Date: TODAY - Wednesday, March 7
Time: 12:30 p.m., with media viewing of the system at 11:30 a.m.
Location: West Section of Direct Energy Centre's Hall of Names,
Note: Free parking is available across from the Direct Energy Centre.
- Minister of Natural Resources, the Honourable Gary Lunn
- City of Toronto Mayor David Miller
- Deputy Mayor Joe Pantalone, Chair of the Board of Governors of
- Councillor Pam McConnell, representing the Federation of Canadian
- Peter Love, Ontario's Chief Energy Conservation Officer
- Dianne Young, CEO and General Manager, Exhibition Place.
Visit our website at www.toronto.ca
For further information:
For further information: Media contacts: Kathleen Olson, Minister's
Office, Natural Resources Canada, (613) 996-2007; Dianne Young, CEO and
General Manager Exhibition Place, (416) 263-3611; Cindy Bromley, City of
Toronto, (416) 892-9155; Lucille Hodgins, Green Municipal Fund, FCM, (613)
241-5221 ext. 299 or (613) 447-0051