TORONTO, April 13 /CNW/ - Dr. Karyn Gordon, renowned parent/teen coach,
speaker and author, will once again embark on a multi-city speaking tour in
southern Ontario starting April 28, fully sponsored this year by Maple Leaf
Foods, to help teens build self-esteem and healthy friendships and to empower
parents to help their kids foster leadership skills.
Dr. Karyn will speak in each city at a school in the afternoon for
pre-teen/teen only audiences, and then later in the evening on the same day
for their parents. The school sessions will alternate between two interactive
workshops to help children in grades four to 12: "Spill Your Guts," (three
strategies to build self esteem) or "Friendships Unplugged," (three practical
ways to build healthy friendships). The topic for the free evening parent
sessions is "Building Leadership in Your Pre-Teen/Teen."
The afternoon teen sessions are closed to the public, but the free
evening one for parents is open to all for free, thanks to Maple Leaf Foods
giving back to the community. It is recommended parents call to register since
space may be limited.
Dr. Karyn's tour schedule and registration phone numbers:
- Newmarket, April 28, 6:30 pm, Sir William Mulock, 705 Columbus Way,
- Belleville, May 1, 7:00 pm, Moira S.S., 77 Rollins Drive,
- Toronto, May 5, 7:00 pm, Bishop Strachan School, 298 Lonsdale Rd.,
- Mississauga, May 6, 7:00 pm, Lisgar Middle School, 6755 Lisgar Dr.,
- Markham, May 7, 7:00 pm, William Armstrong, 11 Major Buttons Dr.,
- Aurora, May 8, 7:00 pm, Aurora High School, 155 Wellington St. W.,
- Belleville, May 12, 7:30 pm, Albert College, 160 Dundas St. W.,
- Oakville, May 13, 7:00 pm, Kings Christian Collegiate, 528
Burnhamthorpe Rd. W., 905-257-5464 X517
- Richmond Hill, May 19, 7:30 pm, Holy Trinity School, 11300 Bayview
- Oakville, May 20, 6:30 pm, Appleby College, 540 Lakeshore Rd. W.,
- Toronto, May 21, 7:00 pm, Dr. Marion Hilliard Sr. P.S., 280 Washburn
- Toronto, May 27, 7:00 pm, Bayview Glen School, 85 Moatfield Dr.,
- Stouffville, May 28, 7:00 pm, Stouffville Christian School, 12485
Tenth Line (Eastridge Church), 905-640-3297
- Bethany, May 29, 6:30 pm, Bethany Hills School, 727 Bethany Hills Rd.,
Dr. Karyn is one of North America's leading authorities on understanding
youth and Generation Y (ages 8-27). She is a corporate/family consultant,
motivational speaker, media personality (expert on the national TV show, The
Mom Show) and author of several books including her latest, "Dr. Karyn's Guide
to the Teen Years" (published by Harper Collins). She is frequently
interviewed by the news media to provide insight into the pressures facing
Canadian youth. She has spoken to more than 200,000 people including teens,
parents, teachers, managers and presidents on a variety of issues including
self-esteem, motivation, leadership and communication. Visit www.drkaryn.com
for more information.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is a leading food processing company, headquartered
in Toronto, Canada. The Company employs approximately 24,000 people at its
operations across Canada and in the United States, the United Kingdom and
Asia. The Company had sales of $5.2 billion in 2008. For more information,
please visit www.mapleleaf.com.
What Will Your Pre-Teen/Teen Learn?
"SPILL YOUR GUTS"
Learn 3 strategies to build self-esteem!
- Identify which self-esteem attitude they hold
- Recognize the power their attitude has on motivation, dating,
friendships, peer pressure and their body
- Empower themselves by learning practical steps to building a healthy
Learn 3 Practical Ways to Build Healthy Friendships!
- How self-esteem is connected to the way friends treat each other
- What bullying (in person or cyber bullying) says about a person's
- How to communicate effectively and respectfully during conflict
"BUILDING LEADERSHIP IN YOUR PRE-TEEN / TEEN"
Simple Things Parents Can Start Doing Today!
In this 75 minute keynote, specifically parents will learn:
- What is exceptional leadership? What are basic leadership skills?
- How is leadership developed? Is it learned or innate?
- What are different types of leaders? Who do pre-teens/teens see as
- How does leadership impact a pre-teens/teens self-esteem, social
skills, creativity, motivation, discipline and problem solving skills?
- What are business leaders saying are lacking from this generation as
it relates to their leadership skills & character?
- What are SIMPLE things parents can start doing today (with their
children as young as pre-school) to start developing their leadership
For further information:
For further information: For news information and interviews, please
contact: Mark LaVigne, APR, President, Hunter LaVigne Communications Inc.,
(905) 841-2017 (office), (416) 884-2018 (mobile), email@example.com