TORONTO, Nov. 22 /CNW/ - On Tuesday, November 27, 2007, the Ontario
Securities Commission (OSC) will host Canada's largest securities regulation
conference, featuring key representatives from securities regulators and
industry organizations in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.
Distinguished speakers at Dialogue with the OSC 2007 will include:
- David Wilson, Chair, Ontario Securities Commission
- Arthur Levitt, former Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange
- Linda Chatman Thomsen, Director of Enforcement, U.S. Securities and
Attendees will also hear from leading industry practitioners and senior
OSC staff on major developments in securities regulation and important issues
facing today's capital markets. Topics for discussion include:
- Comparing enforcement approaches: Does a border make a difference? A
discussion on the enforcement approaches and priorities of the OSC
and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- The disclosure environment in today's capital markets - Panelists
will examine disclosure issues related to M&A transactions and the
exempt market, as well as principal protected notes and continuous
- Registration reform: What it means for registrants - A discussion on
how the proposed registration requirements will impact fund managers,
dealers and portfolio managers.
- Financial reporting: Global standards for Canada's capital markets -
A discussion regarding the policy implications and challenges for
capital market participants of adopting International Financial
Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Standards on Auditing
- How Passport will work for Ontario market participants - A regulatory
and user perspective on the Passport System, including a discussion
of CSA harmonization efforts, operational issues related to the
proposed interfaces, and how fees may be impacted.
When: Tuesday, November 27, 2007
7:30 a.m. Registration
8:30 a.m. Opening Remarks
Where: Metro Toronto Convention Centre
North Building, Level 100
For a complete conference agenda, and more information, please visit the
OSC website www.osc.gov.on.ca/dialogue.
Interested media are invited to register in advance.
For further information:
For further information: For media inquiries and to schedule an
interview with conference panelists, please contact: Laurie Gillett, Manager,
Public Affairs, (416) 595-8913, email@example.com; Carolyn
Shaw-Rimmington, Assistant Manager, Public Affairs, (416) 593-2361,