Call for Volunteers Begins February 12
HALIFAX, Feb. 12 /CNW/ - Two years may seem like a long time, but not
when you need to recruit 25,000 Olympic and Paralympic volunteers to help with
event and medical services, technology, ceremonies, translation, ticketing and
transportation and much more. That's why Workopolis is hitting the streets of
Halifax today to provide the details of the volunteer recruitment drive for
the Vancouver 2010 Winter Games.
What: Kick off of the 2010 Winter Games Volunteer Recruitment Drive
Visuals: Office Chair Slalom - because not everyone can make it to the
Olympic Games as an athlete!
- Interactive game for Canada's "corporate athletes"
- Passers-by challenged to compete head-to-head through a
pylon course while seated in office chair "skis"
- Winners awarded
Official "Gateway" to the Olympics and distribution of
volunteer information to crowds
Find Out: - What it means to be a volunteer at the Olympic and
- Why volunteering at the 2010 Winter Games can be a
great career move and an experience of a lifetime
- What it takes to find 25,000 qualified volunteers for the
2010 Winter Games
- Where interested candidates can go for more information
When: February 12, 2008
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Street teams including office chair
Where: Scotia Square Mall (2000 Barrington Street)
For further information:
For further information: or to arrange an interview: Greg Vallentin,
(416) 969-2728, email@example.com