EDMONTON, April 15 /CNW/ - Beginning on May 13, 2009, Expedia.ca will
release the Alberta results of the 7th annual Vacation Deprivation(TM) survey
which follows the trend of Edmonton residents not taking all of their vacation
This year's survey, which was conducted by Harris/Decima, examines the
impact the current state of the economy has on Edmontonians' attitudes toward
vacation time and also looks at the overall barriers Edmonton residents face
in taking a vacation.
Beverly Beuermann-King, stress and wellness specialist, will be in
Edmonton and available for in-person media interviews on Thursday, May 14,
2009 to provide insight on the following topics:
2009 Canadian Vacation Deprivation(TM) results
- Are Edmontonians more vacation deprived than last year?
- What are the barriers Edmonton residents face in taking (and
enjoying) time off from work?
- Are women more vacation deprived then men?
Impact of the Economy on Vacations
- How has the current state of the economy impacted Edmontonians'
- Has the economic downturn led Edmonton residents to downsize their
- Is taking a vacation becoming less important? Find out why
Edmontonians need to make time for a getaway now more than ever.
Canada vs. the World
- Where does Canada rank among other vacation deprived countries?
- Who vacations the best? And the worst?
- How do the provinces compare to each other?
Vacation Tips and Trends
- What motivates Edmonton residents to travel?
- Tips on how to make the most of your vacation days.
For further information:
For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Melissa Legaspi, Edelman Public Relations, (416) 979-1120 ext 272,