TORONTO, April 15 /CNW/ - On May 13, 2009, Expedia.ca will release the
national results of the 7th annual Vacation Deprivation(TM) survey which
follows the trend of Canadians not taking all of their vacation time.
This year's survey, which was conducted by Harris/Decima, examines the
impact the current state of the economy has on Canadians' attitudes toward
vacation time and also looks at the overall barriers Canadians face in taking
Beverly Beuermann-King, stress and wellness specialist, is available for
media interviews starting on Wednesday, May 13, 2009, to provide insight on
the following topics:
2009 Canadian Vacation Deprivation(TM) results
- Are Canadians more vacation deprived than last year?
- What are the barriers Canadians face in taking (and enjoying) time
off from work?
- Are women more vacation deprived then men?
Impact of the Economy on Vacations
- How has the current state of the economy impacted Canadians' vacation
- Has the economic downturn led Canadians to downsize their vacations?
- Is taking a vacation becoming less important? Find out why Canadians
need to make time for a getaway now more than ever.
Canada vs. the World
- Where does Canada rank among other vacation deprived countries?
- Who vacations the best? And the worst?
- How do the provinces compare to each other?
Vacation Tips and Trends
- What motivates Canadians to travel?
- Tips on how to make the most of your vacation days.
For further information:
For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Melissa Legaspi, Edelman Public Relations, (416) 979-1120 ext 272,