CALGARY, April 15 /CNW/ - Beginning on May 13, 2009, Expedia.ca will
release the Alberta results of the 7th annual Vacation Deprivation(TM) survey
which follows the trend of Calgary residents not taking all of their vacation
This year's survey, which was conducted by Harris/Decima, examines the
impact the current state of the economy has on Calgarians' attitudes toward
vacation time and also looks at the overall barriers Calgary residents face in
taking a vacation.
Beverly Beuermann-King, stress and wellness specialist, will be in
Calgary and available for in-person media interviews on Wednesday, May 13,
2009 to provide insight on the following topics:
2009 Canadian Vacation Deprivation(TM) results
- Are Calgarians more vacation deprived than last year?
- What are the barriers Calgary residents face in taking (and enjoying)
time off from work?
- Are women more vacation deprived then men?
Impact of the Economy on Vacations
- How has the current state of the economy impacted Calgarians'
- Has the economic downturn led Calgary residents to downsize their
- Is taking a vacation becoming less important? Find out why Calgarians
need to make time for a getaway now more than ever.
Canada vs. the World
- Where does Canada rank among other vacation deprived countries?
- Who vacations the best? And the worst?
- How do the provinces compare to each other?
Vacation Tips and Trends
- What motivates Calgarians to travel?
- Tips on how to make the most of your vacation days.
For further information:
For further information: or to arrange an interview, please contact:
Melissa Legaspi, Edelman Public Relations, (416) 979-1120 ext 272,