CLEVELAND, OH, July 28 /CNW Telbec/ - Intertek, in association with the
International Trade Association Center, Small Business Development Center and
the U.S. Commercial Service, is pleased to offer a half-day seminar on
August 14, 2008 on the North American impact of the EU's Registration,
Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation.
The premise of REACH is to protect the inhabitants and the environment of
the EU from damage by harmful chemicals. It is one of the broadest reaching
pieces of legislation affecting to varying degrees nearly all chemicals,
substances, preparations and articles imported to, or manufactured in the EU.
Although REACH can only be applied within the jurisdiction of the EU, products
coming into the EU that are not compliant with REACH will not be allowed to be
sold to or in the EU after midnight, November 30, 2008. Thus, North American
suppliers and manufacturers who sell into the EU effectively have REACH
obligations, despite their location outside the jurisdiction.
What are the REACH obligations for North American manufacturers and
suppliers? How can North American manufacturers comply with a regulation that
does not directly apply to them? Join us in Cleveland, Ohio for a half-day
seminar on August 14th to learn the practical implications of REACH for North
American manufacturers and suppliers, and the mechanism of Only
Representatives to achieve REACH compliance.
Key topics to be addressed:
- Practical steps for REACH compliance of products and chemicals
- A review of mandatory near-term REACH requirements
- Rules and options for executing REACH responsibilities
- Data gathering from the global supply chain for REACH compliance
- Appointment and notification requirements when exchanging REACH
compliance data with multiple suppliers
- Only Representation for substances in preparations
- Requirements for communication to customers and importers in the EU
- Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs)
- Selling to retailers in the EU
- Compliance for products sold to global OEMs
- Updates on REACH in specific professional industries such as automotive
- How to pre-register chemicals that do not have EC numbers
The seminar will present a REACH toolkit to provide an understanding of
the vocabulary, deadlines and timelines of REACH. Attendees will also gain an
understanding of the impact of REACH on chemicals, consumer products, and
professional products. The rules and options for the appointment and use of
Only Representatives to enable REACH compliance for non-EU businesses will
also be reviewed.
Who should attend?
- Procurement and supply chain management
- Regulatory Affairs
- HSE primes
- Product management
- Operations management
- Those responsible for product compliance and certification.
Kent State University
Stark Professional Education and Conference Center
6000 Frank Avenue NW North Canton, OH 44720
For more information on the webinar and to register, contact us or visit
For further information:
For further information: Monica Scott, Intertek Commercial & Electrical,
Twinsburg, OH, +1 (330) 405 3552, firstname.lastname@example.org