TORONTO, Oct. 3 /CNW/ - John Tory continued to demonstrate his weak
judgment today with a pledge for more doctors coming on the heels of his
pledge to rip $3 billion out of health care.
We've seen this movie before. The Harris Tory party pledged to increase
services while cutting taxes and balancing the budget. They wound up closing
hospitals and left behind a $5.6 billion deficit.
Only Ontario Liberals have delivered results for Ontario families and
have the plan to keep Ontario moving forward together.
Ontario Liberals Harris Tory Party
- 500,000 more Ontarians have a - Left Ontario with a severe
family doctor, with a plan to help doctor shortage, more than
500,000 more doubling the number of
- 8,000 more nurses, with a plan to
hire another 9,000 new nurses - Fired over 6,000 nurses after
comparing them hula hoops
- 23% expansion in medical schools,
with a plan for 100 additional - Put roadblocks in the way of
spaces international medical graduates
- 100 hospital construction projects - Closed hospitals, putting 28 on
underway the chopping block
- Measuring wait times, and bringing - Refused to measure wait times,
them down, with a plan to expand closed Emergency Rooms
to Emergency Rooms and children's
surgeries - Only tested newborns for 2
- Testing newborns for 27 different
genetic disorders - No plan to recruit doctors
- Created HealthForceOntario with a
mandate to plan for medical human
resources and recruit doctors
It takes a positive plan to help Ontario families, not more weak judgment
from John Tory.
For further information:
For further information: Ben Chin, (416) 961-3800 ext. 412,