Provides Integrated Solution for Group Travel Planning
DENVER, August 20 /CNW/ - Groople, the leading online group travel
planning and booking site, announces the launch of an exciting travel and
social networking tool, offering an integrated solution for the challenges of
planning and booking group travel. GroopVine will allow users to create their
own personalized trip page to plan, create, share, shop and buy travel with
their entire group's input every step of the way. Providing helpful tools from
event schedules and suggested itineraries to RSS feeds and online surveys,
GroopVine makes group travel planning fun, collaborative and easy.
"Anyone who's ever planned a group trip - be it a corporate outing,
girlfriend getaway, family reunion or sports team trip - knows what a hassle
it can be to continuously email the group for feedback on hotels, flights,
activities, and friendly reminders about making trip payments," said Mike
Stacy, Chief Executive Officer of Groople. "Now, with GroopVine, group leaders
can easily communicate online using helpful tools including event schedules,
suggested itineraries from similar groups and online surveys. GroopVine
creates an instant travel community for every group."
GroopVine is the first travel industry tool to offer customers one place
to plan, share, shop and book trips. Some of the unique capabilities users can
take advantage of include:
Research your trip:
- Search by category - a customer can search on other group trips in
13 different categories from girlfriend getaways to religious
- Clone trip itineraries - look at other trips or search them for
ideas as a starting point in building their own.
- Construct trip itineraries and schedules of events - Groople's event
scheduler supports recommending, voting and commenting, in addition
to organizing the final itinerary.
- Create a personalized URL for the trip that can be tailored with a
header, color scheme, drag & drop option for redesigning page items,
- Add and edit sections from a personalized Web page, including
weather forecasts, forum discussions, photos and videos and
- Invite guests to join the trip, add ideas, photos or video to the
personalized Web page.
- Have a threaded discussion where each member of the group can add
his or her own comment(s).
- Easily create a poll to determine where or when the group can go, or
on any topic on which the group leader would like to get input.
- Freely add more information on the page (using wiki) and receive RSS
support for Web page updates.
- Upload photos and short videos.
- Keep tabs on who's attending their group trip and who's already
- Easily share information with the entire group about hotel, airline
and rental car options.
- Review hotel information and amenities together.
Book your trip:
- Make reservations for hotel, air or car and have each guest pay for
- Import travel reservations made elsewhere.
- Hotel reservations made on Groople are automatically integrated into
the group trip page.
Groople collaborated with GO10000, a travel technology company, to create
GroopVine. For more information about GroopVine and group travel, please visit
Groople is a combination of the words GROups and peOPLE - GROOPLE...we
understand groups and we provide the best planning and booking tools for any
group. Headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, Groople was launched in 2004. At
Groople, we're working around the clock to negotiate the best rates for
flights, hotels and cars and to find the best locations to fit your group's
needs. We provide booking capability on more than 60,000 hotels located on
four continents, twenty-five islands and one mountaintop. Through our social
networking environment, we allow travelers to collaborate and compare travel
options before any decisions are made. After reserving a block of rooms, group
members are welcome to pay for their rooms individually online or in one
payment made by the group leader. Groople allows groups to shop online with
confidence through our low price guarantee. We search far and wide to provide
free rooms, upgrades and other special amenities wherever your group
Groople...Group Travel Made Easy
For further information:
For further information: VOLLMER Andrea Collins, (212) 715-2222,
email@example.com or Judy Haveson, (212) 715-2222, firstname.lastname@example.org