TORONTO, Jan. 14 /CNW/ - Gowling Lafleur Henderson LLP (Gowlings) today
released Gowlings Trendwatch 2008, an annual report that will help business
leaders navigate important business trends and forecast their legal impact on
activities in Canada and around the globe in 2008.
The Gowlings Trendwatch 2008 reports are authored by legal professionals
in the Firm's practice and industry groups based on their extensive experience
and knowledge of the marketplace.
"As one of Canada's leading law firms, our professionals understand and
advise on industry-specific business and legal issues that affect our
clients," said Scott Jolliffe, Gowlings' Chair and Chief Executive Officer.
"Gowlings Trendwatch 2008 harnesses the hands-on expertise of our
professionals and makes the identified trends relevant to a range of Canadian
and international organizations and sectors."
The reports highlight specific trends and potential impact on Canadian
businesses. Topics include:
- Financial services credit crunch
- Merger and acquisition activity in life sciences taking off
- Nuclear renaissance comes to Canada
- It's official - P3 era is here to stay
- Outsourcing - the latest "fad diet" for business
- Advertising outside the box dominates
- New opportunities to reshape Canada's wireless market
- Data security remains a top line priority
- Counterfeiting moves up government agenda
- Canada looking for open skies
All Gowlings Trendwatch 2008 reports can be downloaded in PDF format from
www.gowlings.com/trendwatch. A series of short video clips featuring Gowlings
professionals discussing each of the 10 identified trends is also available
for viewing at www.gowlings.com/trendwatch.
Gowlings is a leading Canadian law firm offering a diverse range of
services to help domestic and international organizations achieve their
business objectives. Providing advice and representation in business law,
advocacy and intellectual property, Gowlings has 700 professionals across
offices in Montréal, Ottawa, Kanata, Toronto, Hamilton, Waterloo Region,
Calgary, Vancouver and Moscow. Visit us at gowlings.com.
For further information:
For further information: Danielle Restivo/Jessica Hanick, Media Profile,
(416) 342-1807/(416) 342-1819, firstname.lastname@example.org,