CHATHAM, ON, June 4 /CNW/ - Union Gas reminds customers and contractors
to call Ontario One Call to mark the location of gas lines and other
underground utilities BEFORE starting construction of a new deck, fence,
landscaping or any other project on their property.
- Whether you're planning on building an extension to your house,
digging fence holes or planting trees, your first step should be to
request a free natural gas line 'locate' before breaking ground.
- Last year in Union Gas's service area, over 550 natural gas line
breaks occurred because customers or contractors did not request a
locate of all underground utilities prior to digging.
- To ensure projects are completed safely, customers should request a
locate of all underground utilities prior to digging or excavating for
any type of project by calling Ontario One Call at 1 800 400-2255 or
on-line at www.on1call.com. This service is offered FREE of charge,
and is available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Ontario One Call will relay your request and information to Union Gas
and other member utilities.
- Once a line locate request is referred to Union Gas, the location gas
lines and other utilities will be marked where you intend to work,
before your work begins, so that damage can be avoided and your
project can be completed safely.
- Customers are asked to call at least 5 full business days before they
plan to dig.
To reach Ontario One Call, call 1-800-400-2255.
For further information:
For further information: Andrea Stass, Phone: (519) 436-5490