- CTV Delivers Top 3 Programs Last Night as Premiere Week Continues;
Criminal Minds Profiles 2.7 Million Viewers -
- CSI: NY is No.2 program of the day with 2 million viewers; Dancing With
the Stars wins time-slot with 1.35 million viewers -
- Criminal Minds joins CSI: Miami as Top 2 most-watched programs this
TORONTO, Sept. 25 /CNW/ - Criminal Minds was the overwhelming choice of
Canadian viewers last night, as an astounding 2.7 million viewers tuned in out
of simulcast(*), opposite the speech by President Bush, to see the aftermath of
the SUV explosion from May's shocking season finale. Additionally, CSI: NY
captured 2.08 million viewers to complete a one-two punch for CTV: Criminal
Minds and CSI: NY were the Top 2 programs in total audience and the key A25-54
and A18-49 demos - not only nationally, but in all three metered markets
(Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary) as well. Overall, CTV once again won
primetime with the most-watched programs in every time-slot from 8-11:30 p.m.
A look at last night:
At 9 p.m.:
- Criminal Minds was the No.1 program of the day nationally with total
viewers (2.66 million), the key demos A25-54 (1.47 million) and A18-
49 (1.34 million). It was also the No.1 program in total viewers,
A25-54 and A18-49 in all three metered markets.
- Criminal Minds' audience was three-and-a-half times higher than
that of its time-period competitor, Global's premiere of NCIS
(764,000, also out of simulcast)
- Criminal Minds is the second most-watched series of the week
following CSI: Miami's (2.8 million) triumphant return to CTV on
At 10 p.m.:
- CSI: NY was the No.2 program of the day with total viewers (2.08
million), in the two key demos of A25-54 (1.07 million) and A18-49
(915,000). It was also the No.2 program in total viewers, A25-54 and
A18-49 in all three metered markets.
- CSI: NY captured more than two-and-a-half times more total viewers
and key demos than its nearest time-slot competitor, the CBC National
At 8 p.m.
- Dancing With the Stars was the No.3 program of the night with
1.35 million viewers, winning its time-slot over Bones (Global,
1.34 million) and the series premiere of Knight Rider (E!, 971,000)
Premiere week continues on CTV tonight with the debut episode of the final
season of ER at 8 p.m. ET, followed by the two-hour premiere of Grey's Anatomy
at 9 p.m. ET (check ctv.ca to confirm local broadcast times).
(*)Except for Alberta and British Columbia.
Source: Preliminary overnight data, CTV Total, Global Total, CBC Total and
E! Canada Com (BBM Nielsen Media Research).
For further information:
For further information: Laura Heath Potter, CTV Inc., (416) 332-4633 or
email@example.com; Jim Quan, CTV Inc., (416) 332-5311, firstname.lastname@example.org