- News Conference Schedule -
TORONTO, May 8 /CNW/ - The Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and
Petroleum (CIM) announces the following schedule of news conferences for
Monday, May 11 at the upcoming CIM Conference and Exhibition.
The CIM Conference and Exhibition is being held at the Metro Toronto
Convention Centre, May 10-13.
Media pre-registration, and more information on the conference and
exhibition, is available at www.cim.org.
1. Monday, May 11, 11:30 a.m.
Location: Room 104, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Topic: Canada's Global Impact
- The Plenary Session will look at how Canadians in the mining and
mineral industries are adding value in the developed and emerging
economies - providing employment; skills and management;
technological solutions; environmental stewardship; and leadership
in the areas of corporate social responsibility and
sustainability. Panelists will also discuss areas where the
Canadian mining industry needs to innovate to ensure continued
- Media availability following the Plenary Session
Media availability with:
- Mr. Phil Fontaine, National Chief, Assembly of First Nations
- Mr. Jim Gowans, CEO, De Beers Canada and President, CIM
- Mr. Ian Pearce, CEO, Xstrata Nickel
- Mr. Engin Ozberk, Vice President, Innovation and Technology
Development, Cameco Corporation
- Mr. R. Anthony Hodge, President of the International Council on
Mining and Metals
2. Monday, May 11, 1:00 p.m.
Location: Room 204, Metro Toronto Convention Centre
Topic: Unearthing Facts in the Oil Sands Debate
- Drawing on 20+ years in the oilsands industry, this speaker will
"set the record straight" about the oil sands, address myths and
facts about the oil sands, and comment on the role of the oilsands
in Canada's current and future global economic position.
- Mr. Don Thompson, President, Oil Sands Developers Group
For further information:
For further information: Media Contact: Ian Hamilton, DFH Public
Affairs, (416) 206-0118 x.222, firstname.lastname@example.org