OTTAWA, Aug. 13 /CNW Telbec/ - The Canadian Institutes of Health Research
is funding up to five Tier 1 Awards (worth $20,000 each) up to five Tier 2
Awards (worth $10,000 each) and up to five Tier 3 Awards (worth $5,000 each).
The program is open to all working journalists in Canada - reporters, editors,
photographers, producers, editorial writers and freelancers - or Canadian
journalists working abroad.
Award winners may undertake projects in print, broadcast and on-line
media. Projects are expected to include a period of investigation to assemble
the information needed for in-depth news or feature articles or documentaries.
Some travel to interview information sources would be anticipated.
A merit review committee will evaluate all applications. The following
evaluation criteria will be used:
- Achievements and experience of the applicant;
- Novelty and importance of the ideas proposed (special consideration
will be given to proposals that address areas of health research that
are underreported in Canada); and
- The use of research-based information as a key component for the work
- Applications with all supporting materials must be submitted by
October 15, 2009.
- Awards must be taken up by March 15, 2010.
For further information:
For further information: Michael Dwyer, Public Affairs Officer, Canadian
Institutes of Health Research, Tel: (613) 941-0688, E-mail: