WINNIPEG, June 26 /CNW Telbec/ - The Royal Canadian Mint is once again
opening its doors to celebrate Canada Day with many fun family activities and
entertainment for all to enjoy.
Where: Royal Canadian Mint
----- 520 Lagimodière Blvd.
When: July 1, 2009
---- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Visitors are invited to...
- Learn about the fascinating world of coin production by taking a free
tour of the Mint.
- Participate in onsite games and family entertainment including face
painting, a magician, clowns, and colouring station.
- View a cool display of cars from the Drag Racer's Association of
- Enjoy live music by Craig & Ash, performing country-influenced
- Receive free gifts including Canada Day tattoos and a special edition
Royal Canadian Mint Frisbee. (*)(while supplies last).
- Enjoy a barbecue from 11am to 3pm (priced to please).
- Browse for great gift ideas and memorabilia in the Mint's Boutique.
About the Royal Canadian Mint
Over the past 101 years, the Royal Canadian Mint has emerged as a global
leader in minting. A few of its internationally-renowned "firsts" include
developing a revolutionary coin-plating process, producing the world's
thinnest bi-metallic coin, the purest 99.999% bullion gold coin and first
coloured circulation coin in the world.
The Ottawa facility, which occupies the same premises on which the Mint
was founded, produces hand-crafted collector and commemorative coins, gold
bullion coins, medals and medallions. It also houses a gold and silver
refinery. Established in 1976, the Winnipeg Mint is a high-tech, high-volume
manufacturing facility where Canada's circulation coinage is produced, as well
as coins for countries around the world.
For further information:
For further information: Crystal Hiebert, Communications Officer, Royal
Canadian Mint, (204) 983-0565, firstname.lastname@example.org