New Interactive Tool From France Revolutionizes At-Home Meal Preparation
NEW YORK, Dec. 4, 2012 /CNW/ - French digital company, UNOWHY today announced the U.S. launch of "La tablette QOOQ", the first interactive touch-screen tablet made especially for the kitchen. Already a sensation in France, the QOOQ culinary tablet transforms the process of at-home cooking through highly interactive content from leading chefs, helping to simplify meal preparation for culinary experts and novices alike. With a catalog of over 4,000 exclusive recipes from more than 100 of Europe's most acclaimed chefs, QOOQ provides a step-by-step interactive guide to create delicious appetizers, meals and desserts through real-time HD video, photos and text as tools to guide users. Also, unlike other tablet computers, QOOQ is designed to be spill-proof, non-slip, and survive the wear and tear of the kitchen.
"We developed the QOOQ culinary tablet to modernize the cooking experience and change the way we think about and approach meal preparation," says Jean-Yves Hepp, QOOQ inventor and president and founder of UNOWHY. "We saw an opportunity to merge technology and content to create a richer and more tactile form of recipe preparation. The QOOQ culinary tablet offers users direct interaction with top chefs and allows them to learn every nuance of their favorite dish, helping improve their own talents and making life simpler in the kitchen."
QOOQ features recipes and videos from some of Europe's leading and most celebrated chefs in their field, including:
- Emmanuel Renaut, of the three-Michelin-starred restaurant "Le Flocon de Sel" (Megeve, France)
- Francois Adamski (Bocuse d'Or and "Meilleur Ouvrier de France"), of the Michelin-starred restaurant "Le Gabriel" (Bordeaux, France)
- Rouguy Dia, of Petrossian's "Le 144" (Paris, France)
- Amandine Chaignot, Michelin-starred chef at the Parisian Palace "Le Raphael" (Paris, France)
- Guillaume Gomez, youngest "Meilleur Ouvrier de France," at "Le Palais de l'Elysee," the official residence of the President of France (Paris, France)
- Nicolas Sale, Michelin-starred chef at the restaurant "La table du Kilimandjaro" (Courchevel, France)
- Thomas Boullaut, of the Michelin-starred restaurant "L'Arome" (Paris, France)
- Mikael Feval, of the Michelin-starred restaurant "Antoine" (Paris, France)
- William Lamagnere, pastry chef of the restaurant "La Closerie des Lilas" (Paris, France) and former pastry chef of "Laduree"
Recipes on QOOQ are offered by cuisine type, difficulty level, prep time and ingredients, helping to further customize the cooking experience. QOOQ also offers access to hundreds of ingredient fact sheets and videos demonstrating culinary techniques. Additionally QOOQ's personalized features allow users to input their own favorite recipes and share with friends, create weekly menus and shopping lists, and automatically adjust ingredient quantities. Users can also take advantage of QOOQ's web browser, access to email and social networking platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, video and MP3 players, online radio, weather app, and digital photo album capability.
"QOOQ adapts itself to the user. No matter the dietary preferences, restrictions or time constraints, QOOQ is the multi-media cooking coach that can guide anyone, regardless of their experience level. The user will never feel alone or lost as they prepare their dish," explains Hepp.
The QOOQ culinary tablet comes pre-loaded with 1,000 recipes and videos. Users will also be able to purchase additional recipes, individually or in themed recipe packs, or subscriptions for monthly ($9.90/mo) or yearly ($99.00/yr) premium access.
QOOQ is available for purchase for $399 USD. To learn more, or purchase a QOOQ tablet, please visit, www.qooq.com.
UNOWHY is a France-based company specializing in digital media and culinary content. The company was created in 2007 with the goal of advancing cooking practices and techniques. Through the introduction of technological applications such as iDelices and iVideoCocktail for the iPhone and iPad, and "La tablette QOOQ", the first 10-inch tablet to be produced exclusively in France, the company has highlighted the importance of eating and cooking well, while providing a more convenient way for consumers to achieve their culinary goals.
For further information:
Steve Schonberg, LaForce + Stevens, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-212-242-9353 x187; or Janelle Cadet Panebianco , LaForce + Stevens, email@example.com, +1-212-242-9353 x183