The War Amps is a Canadian nation-wide registered charitable organization operated under the direction of war amputees. A philosophy of "amputees helping amputees" has been the hallmark of The War Amps since 1918, when the organization was founded by amputee war veterans returning home from the First World War. Counselling, self-help and practical assistance – along with the desire to preserve Canada's military heritage – are common threads that have been retained in the modern-day organization that developed from their efforts. Today, the Association continues to serve war amputees, and all Canadian amputees, including children. Our aims and objectives:
· improve quality of life for all amputees
· encourage child amputees to develop a positive approach to living with amputation through comprehensive support programs
· educate amputees with the latest information on artificial limbs and all aspects of amputation
· provide employment for amputees
· raise awareness about issues as diverse as the experiences and abilities of amputees, child safety and Canada's military heritage
The War Amps is able to operate its many programs solely through donations from the public to the Key Tag and Address Label Service.
Please enter the e-mail address you used to register your account.