Deal will allow employers greater visibility among sought after
TORONTO, July 3 /CNW/ - Workopolis, Canada's largest and most popular
Internet recruiting and job search provider, and Rogers Publishing, Canada's
largest publisher of consumer and business magazines, announce today the
launch of the first phase of dedicated online B2B job sites, along with plans
for 28 additional sites in the near future. The deal will also allow for cross
posting functionality to provide improved recruiting success for Canadian
employers and an enriched online experience for the hundreds of thousands
Canadian businesspeople who visit the sites regularly.
The following job sites, which are launching today, cover a broad base of
- CanadianGrocer - http://www.bizlink.com/canadiangrocer/careers/
- Benefits Canada - http://www.benefitscanada.com/careers/ (and its
- Advantages - http://www.revueavantages.ca/carrieres/
- Advisor - http://www.advisor.ca/careers/
- Conseiller - http://www.conseiller.ca/carrieres/
- Healthcare Careers - http://www.chmonline.ca/careers/
- Pharmacy Gateway - http://www.pharmacygateway.ca/careers/ (and its
- Mon Portail Pharmacie - http://www.monportailpharmacie.ca/carrieres/
- Marketing Magazine - http://www.marketingmag.ca/careers/index.html
"This partnership will not only address the growing needs of job posters
to reach hard-to-find candidates, but it will also open up new career
opportunities for all Canadians in specialized fields," said Patrick Sullivan,
President, Workopolis. "This move reinforces our clear leadership position as
the country's biggest job site and enables us to reach an even greater number
of Canada's online users."
This announcement comes on the heels of the acquisition Workopolis made
in January of Brainhunter's North American niche job board business.
"This is a significant partnership between two market leaders," said John
Milne, Senior Vice-President, Rogers Business and Professional Publishing.
"Our millions of readers will benefit from this new access to countless
professional growth opportunities."
Workopolis is Canada's largest and most popular online career-solutions
provider with over 3.6 million unique visitors monthly in Canada, the most
posted resumes and twice as many job postings as the nearest competitor.
Workopolis provides a fully bilingual suite of industry-leading products
and services including:
- Powerful Resume Database search functions and intuitive screening
tools to help connect employers with the "best fit" candidates -
contributing to a 71% hiring success rate for customers.
- An inside look at niche industries with access to over 100
professional and trade associations.
- Career alerts, resume rescue and online salary calculator to help job
seekers find the right job.
Headquartered in Toronto, Workopolis has offices in 8 Canadian cities.
Workopolis is a partnership of Toronto Star Newspapers Ltd. and Gesca Ltd.,
the newspaper publishing subsidiary of Power Corporation of Canada.
Workopolis is the exclusive Official Supplier of Online Recruitment
Services for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
About Rogers Publishing Limited:
Rogers Publishing Limited (RPL) (TSX: RCI; NYSE: RG), a division of
Rogers Media Inc., produces many well-known consumer magazines such as
Maclean's, Chatelaine, Flare, L'actualité and Canadian Business, and is the
leading publisher of a number of industry, medical and financial publications.
Rogers Publishing also offers a complete suite of marketing solutions for its
advertising clients, including BzzAgents word-of-mouth marketing campaigns and
custom publishing solutions. All media properties are integrated with their
own popular websites. For further information about the Rogers group of
companies, please visit www.rogers.com.
For further information:
For further information: Meredith Adolph, Environics Communications,
(416) 969-2667; John Milne, Rogers Publishing Limited, (416) 764-3800