TORONTO, March 1, 2017 /CNW/ - Women in Capital Markets (WCM), a non-profit advocacy organization which promotes the entry and advancement of women in the financial industry and women's representation in corporate Canada's leadership teams and boardrooms, today recognizes 16 corporate leaders who have pushed the boundaries for the advancement of women in the Canadian economy. These Champions of Change will be honored at the annual WCM Gala in Toronto on March 2 as part of International Women's Day celebrations.
The 2017 WCM Champions of Change:
- Leanne Mantha, Director, Regional Business Manager Canada, BlackRock Asset Management Canada Limited
- Lee G.J. Wanie, Managing Director, Head of Canada Institutional Client Business, BlackRock Asset Management Canada Limited
- Manisha Burman, Chief Human Resources Officer and Managing Director, BMO Capital Markets & International
- Gilles Ouellette, Group Head, BMO Asset Management and Vice-Chair, International, BMO Financial Group
- Paul Farrell, Managing Director and Head, Canadian Investment Banking, CIBC Capital Markets
- Julia Moynihan, Managing Director and Head, Money Market, CIBC Capital Markets
- Kevin J.E. Adolphe, President and Chief Executive Officer, Manulife Asset Management Private Markets & President and Chief Executive Officer, Manulife Real Estate
- Elise Bourret, Vice President, Head of Global Investment Services, Investment Division, Manulife
- Ron Mock, President and Chief Executive Officer, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Jane Rowe, Senior Managing Director, Private Capital, Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan
- Derek Neldner, Head, Canadian and Asia Pacific Investment Banking, RBC Capital Markets
- Joanne O'Hea, Director, Global Equity Trading, RBC Capital Markets
- Bob Finlay, Regional Head, Corporate Banking, Canada and the U.S. and Global Head, Mining, Scotiabank, Global Banking and Markets
- Mary Vitug, Managing Director, Equity Capital Markets, Scotiabank, Global Banking and Markets
- Geoff Bertram, Managing Director, Equity Capital Markets, TD Securities
- Robyn Zeller, Global Head, Credit Management, TD Securities, and Senior Vice President, TD Bank Group
"I am thrilled to be honoring this year's WCM Champions of Change. Each honoree has been selected for their ongoing commitment to inclusiveness and sponsorship of female talent within their organizations and championing diversity across the financial community," said Jennifer Reynolds, President & CEO, WCM. "It is especially fitting to be recognizing our honorees this week, leading up up to International Women's Day (IWD) (Mar 8), because they are leading the charge to Be Bold For Change – IWD's 2017 theme."
The Gala marks WCM's 22-year commitment to driving change and advancing women in the Canadian capital markets. The event draws 500 capital markets executives from major financial institutions, along with financial professionals from leading law, professional services and consulting firms.
WCM is the largest network of professional women in the Canadian financial sector and the voice of advocacy for women in our industry. On behalf of our 1,500+ members across Canada, WCM is committed to the advancement of women in business and to increasing the number women in senior leadership roles in the Canadian economy. We work with our partners, members and the broader public to promote initiatives which successfully increase women's representation and impact in the boardrooms and executive suites of the financial industry and corporate Canada more broadly. Learn more at www.wcm.ca or visit LinkedIn, Twitter @WCMCanada and Facebook.
Follw us: Twitter #WCMGala #ChampionChange
SOURCE Women in Capital Markets (WCM)
For further information: Sonia Prashar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-560-6753