EY sources available for budget insights and commentary
OTTAWA, March 15, 2017 /CNW/ - With many funding initiatives announced last year, Canadian businesses are waiting to see whether this year's federal budget will outline the details of the promised spending. As we see more uncertainties unfold south of the border, less than optimal economic growth, and the need to adapt to technological changes, the 2017 federal budget is widely expected to focus on innovation, infrastructure, and helping Canadians update their skills.
EY's seasoned business and tax professionals are available to offer insights across industries and regions on budget day and shortly after.
Federal budget topics for discussion may include:
- Infrastructure spending across Canada
- Investments in innovation
- Support for particular regions and industries
- Sustainability initiatives and carbon pricing
- Intergenerational transfers of business
- Impact on private companies and entrepreneurs
- Review and tightening of certain tax expenditures
- Tax changes for individuals and businesses
- Changes to tax treatment of capital gains
- International tax measures, including those based on the OECD's Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS) recommendations
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
For more information, please visit ey.com/ca. Follow us on Twitter @EYCanada.
EY refers to the global organization and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
SOURCE EY (Ernst & Young)
For further information: To reach a spokesperson, or for more information, please contact: Sasha Anopina, email@example.com, 416 943 2637; Julie Fournier, firstname.lastname@example.org, 514 874 4308; Victoria McQueen, email@example.com, 416 943 3141