- Up-and-coming Web companies get their moment to shine -
TORONTO, May 28 /CNW/ - One of the most exciting things about mesh -
Canada's premier Web conference, taking place at MaRS in Toronto May 30 and 31
- is the chance to shine the spotlight on some exciting new Web companies
through mesh's 15 Minutes of Fame.
In 15 Minutes of Fame, Web companies are invited to submit a proposal,
and six winners are then chosen to present their Web companies to the
Last year the winners included TakingITGlobal, AreYouFrank.com and
This year's winners are:
- Conceptshare: a Web-based, real-time collaboration tool for designers
- FiveLimes: a community for those concerned about the environment
- Sneakerplay: a social network for fans of sneakers and street culture
- Octopz: a service that powers document collaboration
- Demofuse: a tool for websites to automate guided tours of their
- WildApricot: a hosted website solution designed for non-profit
"We were thrilled by the superb quality of the applicants this year,"
said Rob Hyndman, mesh co-organizer and technology lawyer. "Creativity,
innovation and entrepreneurship are thriving in Canada. A growing number of
Canadian entrepreneurs are embracing the Web, and doing remarkable things."
15 Minutes of Fame will take place on May 30 and 31 from 11:30a.m. to
12:00p.m., at the MaRS Collaboration Centre.
mesh is a two-day conference happening at MaRS Discovery District on May
30 and 31. The conference was launched in 2006 by Mark Evans of b5media,
Mathew Ingram of the Globe and Mail, technology lawyer Rob Hyndman,
entrepreneur Stuart MacDonald and Michael McDerment of Freshbooks.com.
For further information:
For further information: visit the mesh site or e-mail
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Or reach us by phone at
(416) 979-1120 x240, 297